• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • am4966
    Chieftain
    • Jul 2014

So who's making 12" barrels

So I've been out-of the Grendel game for a bit. I had to sell some component's I had for a SBR, but things are better and I'm was wondering who's making a 12" or 13.7" Grendel barrel that doesn't cost a ton of $$$ and is able to do MOA?

Thanks for any tips
    12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
    Surge - Rugged Suppressor
    Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!
  • Bigs28
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2016

I bought a kreiger from precision firearms for cheaper then most others ive found. Try calling him. If not odin, psa, faxon, Alexander arms, all sell different length short barrels.

Comment

• Jakal
      Warrior
      • May 2014

I'm thrilled to announce a partnership between Six Sigma Arms, LLC and Lilja Precision Rifle Barrels to bring the phenomenal Lilja Grendel barrels back to market in their ultra-rare short configurations. Six Sigma Arms, LLC is my 07 FFL and we've been working with the Grendel in some manner since our inception nearly 15 years

Looks like 4--10.5" barrels are left according to page 7, if you are looking for SBR or ----->>>Pistol!
      Last edited by Jakal; 08-01-2019, 01:47 AM.
      ""Come taste my Shillelagh you goat-eatin bastard!""

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

I would have said x-caliber. But after what I went through with my 12 inch that I built up less then 3 months ago. I'm not sure I would trust them to build a outhouse correctly.

My vote would go to the group buy barrels or something from PF.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
          Chieftain
          • Oct 2016

I think that's the first credible complaint about TBOX. Care to expound? I'd take your word over the FB group any day.
          Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Kswhitetails View Post
            I think that's the first credible complaint about TBOX. Care to expound? I'd take your word over the FB group any day.
            TBOX? I bought it straight from x-caliber. The end result was it had a imperfection in the steel they used and the rifling failed.

Got a replacement and promply sold it to a local guy who wanted it.

Next short barrel will come from Mark at PF.

Comment

• maximus83
              Bloodstained
              • Jul 2019

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
              TBOX? I bought it straight from x-caliber. The end result was it had a imperfection in the steel they used and the rifling failed.

It's interesting that a ton of places are making Grendel barrels. Early in my research before I bought an upper, I talked to a LOT of places that build Grendel uppers. Seems like a pretty mixed bag. I was super suspicious of places that refuse to tell you where they sourced their barrel blanks from.

But a lot of precision Grendel fans I see here and elsewhere tend to gravitate to just a few places that crank out reliably super accurate barrels: AA, PF, Craddock, etc.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                Chieftain
                • Oct 2016

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post

You did. I mis-posted. The x in the name just fixated on the more relative version in my mind. I've been working doubles recently, and my brain is starting to show it. Carry on.
                Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Kswhitetails View Post
                  You did. I mis-posted. The x in the name just fixated on the more relative version in my mind. I've been working doubles recently, and my brain is starting to show it. Carry on.
                  It's all good sir.

Comment

• Maddvaper
                    Bloodstained
                    • Jan 2016

I've built 2 ,a 12" and a 12.5" .The 12" is a PSA Barrel ,its sub moa at 100 yards and cost $99. The second a 12.5" BA Hanson Barrel, sub moa at 100 yards and that one was on sale for $160. My thinking was less than 250 yards why pay an arm and a leg for a Barrel and so far for my purposes that thinking has been right.

Comment

• snarkscarbine
                      Bloodstained
                      • Jan 2019

I've got an Odin 12" with a matched BCG I'll sell you. Low round count.

Comment

• maximus83
                        Bloodstained
                        • Jul 2019

Originally posted by Maddvaper View Post
                        My thinking was less than 250 yards why pay an arm and a leg for a Barrel and so far for my purposes that thinking has been right.
                        Good point with an SBR or AR pistol. I was looking at the AA complete pistols, nice I'm sure, but for blasting/hunting < 300y, seems like one could build a 1 MOA for less.

Comment

• Maddvaper
                          Bloodstained
                          • Jan 2016

I built both mine for under $1500 optics included with good stuff included HiperTouch Trigger, Midwest Ind Rail and Burris RT-6 . I was pleasantly surprised that my latest with the BA Barrel with under 50 rds though it Chrono'd 2325 fps Average with a 123 Gr Amax Handload. That's carrying a 1000 ft/lb of Energy to 250 yards..... I'll take it.

Comment

• therealtrikky
                            Bloodstained
                            • Jun 2019

Originally posted by snarkscarbine View Post
                            I've got an Odin 12" with a matched BCG I'll sell you. Low round count.
                            If ya still have this I'd like to know more. Send me a msg when ya have time

Comment

• am4966
                              Chieftain
                              • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Maddvaper View Post
                              I've built 2 ,a 12" and a 12.5" .The 12" is a PSA Barrel ,its sub moa at 100 yards and cost $99. The second a 12.5" BA Hanson Barrel, sub moa at 100 yards and that one was on sale for $160. My thinking was less than 250 yards why pay an arm and a leg for a Barrel and so far for my purposes that thinking has been right.
                              12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                              Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                              Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

Working...
                              X