• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mel
    Chieftain
    • Nov 2019

Anyone have an 6.5 ultra 9 suppressor ?

im thinking about buying one of these to use on both my 20 inch grendel and my 20 and 24 inch creeds

any feedback ,thoughts, suggestions ?
  • Bigs28
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2016

I have the 6.5 ultra 7 and am very happy with it. If your ok with the extra 2 inches then you won't be disappointed.

Comment

• mel
      Chieftain
      • Nov 2019

i dont think the length will bother me but yeah also looked at the 7

Comment

• mel
        Chieftain
        • Nov 2019

Originally posted by Bigs28 View Post
        I have the 6.5 ultra 7 and am very happy with it. If your ok with the extra 2 inches then you won't be disappointed.
        how long of a barrell do u have urs on , hows the sound

Comment

• Bigs28
          Chieftain
          • Feb 2016

12" barrels. I don't have a way to measure db but when walking the woods ive shot several animals without hearing pro. It's comfortable to shoot and i have no second thoughts about doing it. If i have the ability or time to put hearing pro on i still do though. Shooting out of an ar with an ejection port is louder then a bolt gun to.

Comment

• mel
            Chieftain
            • Nov 2019

Originally posted by Bigs28 View Post
            12" barrels. I don't have a way to measure db but when walking the woods ive shot several animals without hearing pro. It's comfortable to shoot and i have no second thoughts about doing it. If i have the ability or time to put hearing pro on i still do though. Shooting out of an ar with an ejection port is louder then a bolt gun to.
            yeah ive seen/heard the difference between my buddies can on his bolt gun vs the ar

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

I've listened to them all RO'ing different matches, to include Steel Safari, Sniper Adventure Challenge, and local long range matches.

All of them are exceptionally quiet and are some of the main cans you see people using at those types of matches.

The Ultra 5 on a 20" Grendel is surprisingly quiet even, so the 7s and 9s are just gravy.

A lot of guys in PRS shoot the Ultra 7.

Not only are they quiet, but they are very lightweight and don't throw your POI off when you remove them after a day of shooting, then put them back on your rifle the next day.

That's one of the main things the founders of the company were looking for since they are serious competitive long-range shooters who were having these issues with the cans on the market back in the 2000s.

The Ultra series not only exceeded the performance of their previous line of cans, but brought the weights way down after years of highly-competent engineering and investments in tooling and processes.
              NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• mel
                Chieftain
                • Nov 2019

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                I've listened to them all RO'ing different matches, to include Steel Safari, Sniper Adventure Challenge, and local long range matches.

All of them are exceptionally quiet and are some of the main cans you see people using at those types of matches.

The Ultra 5 on a 20" Grendel is surprisingly quiet even, so the 7s and 9s are just gravy.

A lot of guys in PRS shoot the Ultra 7.

Not only are they quiet, but they are very lightweight and don't throw your POI off when you remove them after a day of shooting, then put them back on your rifle the next day.

That's one of the main things the founders of the company were looking for since they are serious competitive long-range shooters who were having these issues with the cans on the market back in the 2000s.

The Ultra series not only exceeded the performance of their previous line of cans, but brought the weights way down after years of highly-competent engineering and investments in tooling and processes.

thank you ,, guess im spending some money this weekend lol

Comment

• schunter
                  Unwashed
                  • Feb 2020

Waiting on my ultra 7 to get out of jail. Been waiting since April so hopefully not too much longer

Comment

• LRRPF52
                    Super Moderator
                    • Sep 2014

For the AR15 and the AR10s, you will get more supersonic noise from the ejection port for sure.

I recommend using the .30 cal cans on any 6.5 gas gun so you have more venting out the front, without as much back pressure, because these are extremely efficient cans.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• mel
                      Chieftain
                      • Nov 2019

For the AR15 and the AR10s, you will get more supersonic noise from the ejection port for sure.

I recommend using the .30 cal cans on any 6.5 gas gun so you have more venting out the front, without as much back pressure, because these are extremely efficient cans.
                      i was thinking i could use an agb to turn down the gas enough to just unlock bolt so i could manually cycle it on the ar10/15 , would that work ? chances also are ill have a bolt gun here soon enough

Comment

• keystone183
                        Warrior
                        • Mar 2013

To piggy back on this, i saw on another forum, where Ray (thunderbeast guy in video) posted that the Ultra7 was quieter at the shooters ear than the Ultra9 from metered #'s (on gas gun). I don't recall if that held through to the Ultra5 or not or if the 7 was the sweet spot....

Comment

• mel
                          Chieftain
                          • Nov 2019

Originally posted by keystone183 View Post
                          To piggy back on this, i saw on another forum, where Ray (thunderbeast guy in video) posted that the Ultra7 was quieter at the shooters ear than the Ultra9 from metered #'s (on gas gun). I don't recall if that held through to the Ultra5 or not or if the 7 was the sweet spot....
                          thats good to know ty

Comment

• Bigs28
                            Chieftain
                            • Feb 2016

The guys at tbac are great to talk to. Call them, talk to them. They will tell you what is the most quiet at the shooters ear. They have pretty much tested everything.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                              Super Moderator
                              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by keystone183 View Post
                              Yes. The reason is that the efficiency of the suppressor gets better with length/volume, so more back pressure is created from the longer cans on a gas gun.

The Ultra 7 is a better choice for shooter's ear on an AR15 for that reason, along with selecting a .30 Cal can and not a can meant for .224 or 6.5mm.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
                              X