• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Orchard6
    Bloodstained
    • May 2019

Suppressor Questions

I?m interested in getting a suppressor for my Grendel but not real sure on what to look for in a suppressor. I have a fairly tight budget and was looking at the Po?Boy from Black Aces but I want to make sure I?m getting something that will work well for hunting and target use. I?ve also looked into Rebel Silencers as that?s what my local shop carries but I?ve heard that they (the company) have been having some legal issues as of late and that long term durability isn?t the greatest on them. Any info or pointers would be greatly appreciated!
  • Bigs28
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2016

A suppressor is a major purchase imo. It's something your going to have forever that you can move from rifle to rifle. I would go with a reputable company like thunder beast arms or silencer co. There are others that have great reputations as well. Save a few extra bucks and then buy something you have confidence in.

Comment

• TNhuntsman
      Warrior
      • Nov 2018

Rebel suppressors is shut down, lost their FFL and are looking sell.

If you're on a budget, I'd look at what YHM has to offer, excellent products, good prices and they are well established.

Comment

• burnsy13
        Bloodstained
        • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Bigs28 View Post
        A suppressor is a major purchase imo. It's something your going to have forever that you can move from rifle to rifle. I would go with a reputable company like thunder beast arms or silencer co. There are others that have great reputations as well. Save a few extra bucks and then buy something you have confidence in.
        I agree with this. There's a number of manufacturers out there to have faith in, a suppressor is not something to cheap out on. It is yours essentially for life, resale isn't really a thing. Do it right.

Comment

• FLshooter
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2019

It is yours for life.That is why I went with a silerenco Omega.Once you pay for the stamp most places will give you until the stamp is in to pay it off. And that could be anywhere from 9 to 13 months on the average.

Comment

• Orchard6
            Bloodstained
            • May 2019

Thanks guys, I?ll save up a few extra dollars and shoot for a higher quality product. I do like the looks of the YHM Resonator K. The idea of it only being about a 1/2 pound sounds great for hunting.

Comment

• TNhuntsman
              Warrior
              • Nov 2018

The Resonator K looks quite nice, I've been thinking about it or the new YHM R9 coming out soon (although it does have barrel restrictions).

Comment

• FLshooter
                Chieftain
                • Jun 2019

All this talk about suppressors. You guys just made me go down to FrogBones and order another Silencerco Omega. All I had to do was buy the $200 tax stamp and they’re giving me until the suppressor arrives to pay it off. The whole thing including the stamp was just over a grand.

Comment

Working...
                X