Originally posted by mel View Post
    my parts list for mine reads like this

55$ for the tube
    60$ for Ti qd adapter
    50$ for qd muzzlebrake / 1-13/16 qd adapter
    24$ for end cap
    47.95$ for stainless baffles

still waiting on cost for Ti stock to make my own spacers

parts availabilty on some of the stuff seems to be hit or miss atm just like everything else gun related atm , been keeping tabs on parts since i should be able to come get all my stuff comming here very shortly not buying anything till my damn stamp is aproved
    Good places for parts?

Thanks

Comment

• mel
      Chieftain
      • Nov 2019

Originally posted by Mustangfreek View Post
      Good places for parts?

Thanks
      ill drop ya a pm when i get out of work today

Comment

• Hayden9801
        Unwashed
        • Apr 2020

How long it take you to get the form 1 stamp

Comment

• mel
          Chieftain
          • Nov 2019

Originally posted by Hayden9801 View Post
          How long it take you to get the form 1 stamp
          24 days iirc

Comment

• fabbrisd
            Bloodstained
            • Oct 2020

On Form 1 - there are a couple of important "tips" on completing your Form 1 so that your approval goes smoothly at/about 3-4 weeks from submittal.

in short form:

1. Fingerprint Cards - I get mine free from my Sheriff's Office - they do digital - and I get multiple copies. One card is needed per application. "Some" order a Amazon "FD-258 Applicant Kit" from Amazon like $15 for a 5-Pack w/Ink but that's not me.

2. Digital photo of yourself per ATF spec

3. Join: form1suppressor.boards.net - the "Old Timers" there are like alligators so don't post a "newbie" thing - but the reason to join is to search/read forum posts for the IMPORTANT TIPS on completing the online application that will make approval smooth 3-4 weeks - WITHOUT those IMPORTANT TIPS your application can go into "Research" which can take 3-4 months. Form 1 Application fee is $200.
            Note - the ATF online application is kindof "wonky" like it was put together in MSDOS day's - another reason to read/understand - even print out hard copy of the IMPORTANT tips.

3. You are free to order components BEFORE Form 1 is approved - but under ATF guidelines you can ONLY machine/complete your Suppressor AFTER you get Form 1 approval back - which ATF emails that to you.

4. There are domestic sources for components that do not require you to have Form 1 to order unfinished components - and there are multiple China "solvent trap" suppliers - or referenced as "Napa 4003" or "WIX 24003" .
            There "well engineered" domestic suppliers that have solid designs - and to be fair for that engineering and quality of the components - those "good" domestic designs can be mid-range pricey in $200-$300 range
            There are some domestic suppliers of "cheaper kits" - which originally started as "lower cost" rimfire kits - but many "cheap guys" now use/kindof for centerfire.
            There are "cheap" kits from China - best variety of those listed on Ali-Express - with a range of 6"-8" variety of styles from USD$20-USD$40 - if a Ali Vendor posts "ships from US stock" that a white lie = they ship from China and when it hits US delivery is taken over by USPS - assume 3-4 week delivery on anything.
            There are some more decent China stuff - mono-cores require one heck of a long drill bit - however there are some 8" and 10" modular designs that are quite trick/solid. Please understand "Titanium" in Chinese description most often refers to the color of the finish - and there are GR5 titanium kits available which are pricey but about 50% of a US titanium design.
            China is also making "drill guides" and "drill jigs" as upside accessories for several of the modular (MST or AST) designs as well.

One example of a decent modular 10" kit: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...46ca4c4d2R5520

I spent about 15yrs in HK and South China - and I have obsession about "parts" - can't you tell !

5. Since 6.5 is the caliber - once you machine for that - it covers you for rimfire-5.56 as well.

6. Once machined you also need to engrave your suppressor - some use a Dremel - but several of my local gunsmith's have laser engraver's and for like USD$30 they do a bang up job and looks professional.

7. Quick mounts are a separate subject - the reason for a Quick Mount is to let you pull off a Hot Suppressor with a 1/4 or 1/2 turn so you can let it cool down separately when you are packing up.

Have fun with it

Comment

• knitepoet
              Bloodstained
              • Dec 2020

Originally posted by mel View Post
              24 days iirc
              WOW, took 8+ months for both of my Form 1s. Though they were in 2017 and 18.

Mine were paper with a trust. Took 9 months for my form 4, it was approved 12/21/20 and I'm waiting on the stamp to arrive at my dealer.

Comment

• 5pins
                Unwashed
                • Jul 2020

This is my Form 1 made from a Stright Six Tactical kit. 18 inch barrel shooting Hornady 95gr Vmax at 2760fps average.

Comment

Working...
                X