• ricsmall
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• oldhunter1954
      Unwashed
      • Feb 2020

Silencershop said they would have them very soon. I am on the email list.

Comment

• john444
        Unwashed
        • Mar 2020

I've been looking into DIY kits as well to save time waiting and a little $$$. These look like they have a great design but purportedly costs $500 and is made from aluminum. I've heard random people say don't buy aluminum cans unless it's for pistol rounds.

Comment

• mel
          Chieftain
          • Nov 2019

Originally posted by john444 View Post
          I've been looking into DIY kits as well to save time waiting and a little $$$. These look like they have a great design but purportedly costs $500 and is made from aluminum. I've heard random people say don't buy aluminum cans unless it's for pistol rounds.
          i have friends with aluminum cans and they work just fine im also in the middle of building mine and about to put in for another stamp as well , what u dont want is aluminum baffles. what u can do is use a Ti or stainless front 1 or 2 baffles and the rest aluminum if u want to save weight
          i also dont suggest an aluminum cap on the threaded end they dont hold up well but fine on the other end

Comment

• Lastrites
            Warrior
            • Apr 2017

This is of interest to me, so who has the most effective best design?

Comment

• mel
              Chieftain
              • Nov 2019

i just put in for a second form 1 this one will be an 1.5x8 can , soon as my tube comes back from engraving on my first form1 ill do a build thread on that one as well its a 2x10 can

my first stamp was done in 37 days should be about the same on this next one , its well over a year for a form 4

Comment

• mtnlvr
                Warrior
                • Feb 2019

Originally posted by mel View Post
                i just put in for a second form 1 this one will be an 1.5x8 can , soon as my tube comes back from engraving on my first form1 ill do a build thread on that one as well its a 2x10 can

my first stamp was done in 37 days should be about the same on this next one , its well over a year for a form 4
                That makes absolutely no sense at all. They make someone wait for a year that shells out 6-1300 for a suppressor, but 40 days for someone that makes their own? I can't imagine they do anything different background check wise for one vs the other. WTF?!

Comment

• mel
                  Chieftain
                  • Nov 2019

Originally posted by mtnlvr View Post
                  That makes absolutely no sense at all. They make someone wait for a year that shells out 6-1300 for a suppressor, but 40 days for someone that makes their own? I can't imagine they do anything different background check wise for one vs the other. WTF?!
                  it doesnt, but it is what it is not much anyone can do about it

Comment

• CMoor
                    Unwashed
                    • Jun 2020

I have built several Form 1 cans they easily work as good or better than my cans made by other companies. I have a 1.5x7 Ti can with an ASR mount for my AR Grendel it shoots better than my Harvester does.

I think there are far better options then a JK MST. I have heard they do not hold up very well shooting supers out of a rifle.

Comment

• 82HALO
                      Warrior
                      • Nov 2015

So, anylinks to the better build ones or names of said ones? This sounds very interesting and I just might try this! Been looking at tbac newer ones butlong wait just trying to get one before the form 4 wait!

Comment

• Brazz04
                        Warrior
                        • Aug 2018

Avoid aluminum suppressors. You're buying something that will be with you a lifetime. That said, I've built two form 1 cans so far and my advice is also avoid them in totality. It's a fun project but not at all worth it in the end. Factory suppressors have come down so very far in price that Form 1's just aren't as good an investment. In the end you will have a non welded can that you've built for usually more money invested than say a YHM Resonator R2. In the end a form 1 rifle can will run you in the neighborhood of 5-600 dollars and that money would be better spent on an actual well made tuned can.

Here is a picture from AR15.com of that suppressor with what they claim as 8 mags of 5.56 run through it. Pretty eroded already. If you're set on the modular form 1 route, look at the hanshon brothers can the Quell Tech Mod-u-less (at least it's fully titanium). The main downfall there being it is only a 1" OD can rather than the standard 1.5" that most are these days.

1F0BB18A-4BCF-4D0B-8C12-59E52C9A138C_jpe-1398332.JPG

Comment

• mel
                          Chieftain
                          • Nov 2019

ive got a ton of rounds threw mine already it works perfect and no wear , all stainless internals , under 325$ with stamp

Comment

• ricsmall
                            Warrior
                            • Sep 2014

Last edited by ricsmall; 06-22-2020, 04:53 PM.
                            Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• Brazz04
                              Warrior
                              • Aug 2018

I guess I should have prefaced my post with something to the affect of "if you have a lathe and are competent with turning/threading/machining then you can make a form 1 suppressor for a fraction of a factory can". As Mel and ricsmall show, if you have that kind of access then by all means go for it. If you are getting into a form 1 to shortcut the wait time and thinking you'll only have to drill some holes, then it's best to save your money and buy a factory can. If you're buying the parts, assembling it, drilling holes, and clipping baffles, expect to spend 500+ on a form 1 can (including the stamp) that is of much quality.

Comment

Working...
                              X