Anyone running the YHM Resonator R2 on a short barrel Grendel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FlashHercules
    Unwashed
    • Jun 2018

Anyone running the YHM Resonator R2 on a short barrel Grendel?

I'm getting ready for my first NFA purchase, and currently have my sights set on the YHM Resonator R2. I was originally considering the Resonator K, but figure I'd be happier with a full size can my first time out. I'm trying to keep the total cost around $700 with stamp, so my options are somewhat limited, but I've been hearing great things about the latest YHM offerings. Definitely going for a .30 cal can for versatility, since I also have a 5.56 and may pick up a .300 BO upper at some point.

Has anyone tried it on a 6.5 Grendel host? If so, could you share your experience? I keep reading that 6.5 Grendel supersonic loads are a good bit quieter than .308, but I'm not seeing much in the way of range reports or videos.

Thanks in advance for any input on the subject, I'm trying to do my due diligence and get as much info as possible before taking the plunge!
  • Gtscotty
    Bloodstained
    • Jul 2019

Don't have an exact answer to your question, but I run my Nomad 30 on my 6.5 Grendel, .223s and .30-06 and it sounds very good with all. The R2 is a little longer and will likely be a little quieter. I think it's a very good idea to go with a full performance general purpose can vs a K can for your first time around.

Suppressed Nation just put out a good metering video on the Resonator K with the original Resonator as a comparison piece. I'm my opinion it really makes the Resonator look good in comparison. From what I've read, the R2 is basically the original Resonator with a modular back end, so the performance you see in the video should be relevant.

Comment

• Bevo
      Warrior
      • Feb 2018

I have the original Resonator and have run it on several different 11.5-12.5" Grendels. Great performance.

You're correct, the OG Res and the R2 are essentially the same except for the new "industry standard" mounting thread and the tri-port muzzle end that's supposed to reduce flash. Internals are the same AFAIK.

Can't go wrong with the YHM cans right now...best value out there IMO. I have a Turbo and just picked up the Res K and the Turbo T2 a couple months ago (still in jail).

Comment

• SKelt
        Bloodstained
        • Aug 2018

What price are you finding for the Resonator R2? Best I've found is $442 before tax stamp. I'm debating a 30 cal or rimfire can for my first NFA purchase later this year

Comment

Working...
        X