• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eye_guy
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2020

First can - questions

Last edited by Eye_guy; 02-10-2023, 01:04 AM.
  • Bigs28
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2016

I have the ultra 7 in 6.5. I would call tbac. They will answer all your questions. From what they told me the 30 cal can is quiter at the shooters ear then the 6.5 from an ar platform but i still picked the 6.5 for since i planned on a bolt gun someday.

Comment

• mtnlvr
      Warrior
      • Feb 2019

I went the versatility route and chose the 30 Cal Ultra 7 as I wanted to have the ability to use it on most of my hosts until the day I go more caliber specific. If I had to do it over I'd still do the same. Mine gets used mostly on a 6.5G with a brake which I've pretty much never shot unsuppressed since, nor do I plan to in the future, so the brake is fine. I believe I even read that the brake combined with the can helps reduce sound s little but can't confirm that.

I would think a 9" can on a 22" or 24" rifle is going to feel overly long. When I spoke with TBAC about threading a 24" 270wsm, they really came across like I should cut it down a couple inches for handling. So I'd suggested steering towards the 7".

Comment

• bmash
        Bloodstained
        • Mar 2022

Comment

• Eye_guy
          Bloodstained
          • Dec 2020

Comment

• Happy2Shoot
            Warrior
            • Nov 2018

The brake acts as a sacrificial baffle. An open tine flash hider makes the muzzle blast worse on the first baffle or two. If I were you, and I was getting a Titanium baffled can I would get the brake over the flash hider. You should also check out the Dead Air Nomad Ti. I like the keymo QD.

Comment

• tibis3383
              Unwashed
              • Dec 2018

Nothing wrong with the TBac cans, in fact they are very high quality and also come at a premium price. I have been a big fan of some of the more recent companies that have popped up like Diligent Defence or Otter Creek. The Diligent Defense cans have the ability to change the endcaps to suit your needs although I would keep .30 cal endcap on if all other hosts would be gas guns. I have also been using the Xeno system for a mount and muzzle device due to the LH thread and lighter/shorter than the keymo.

Not affiliated at all, just received my first from them and am very happy with it. They were also big players in the form 1 game for a time and have always made top notch stuff.

Comment

• Eye_guy
                Bloodstained
                • Dec 2020

Those certainly seem like intriguing options. The dominus-sr price tag is certainly getting up there.

Can you elaborate on any experience with an AR platform?

Comment

• Happy2Shoot
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2018

I have no experience with the dominus, but I have the Sandman-S. All AR15's or semi-auto's in general will be at least 140 dB at the shooters ear. You will need ear plugs no matter what. So, don't sweat a few dB's. Any 30 cal can on a 556 will be at least moderate if not low blow back as far as suppressors go.

Comment

• Happy2Shoot
                    Warrior
                    • Nov 2018

I got the Sandman S because I have some 8" and 12" AR's. I have a Nomad Ti on hold with the feds because the Sandman is a pig. Go light weight.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                      Super Moderator
                      • Sep 2014

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Eye_guy
                        Bloodstained
                        • Dec 2020

Last edited by Eye_guy; 02-10-2023, 01:13 AM.

Comment

• Happy2Shoot
                          Warrior
                          • Nov 2018

I say this often.

Either you have the money to spend or you don't. I never try to put other people into a financial hardship.

If you do have it; a suppressor is the thing to splurge on. You will own this the rest of your life.

Take the difference in cost from your low cost item and your high cost item. Now divide that by 10 to twelve months. Doesn't seem like so much now.

That math doesn't mean anything, just sorta makes you fell less bad about spending more.

Also, suppressers aren't magic sticks, but they are nice to use. Once you get used to them you feel like a dang savage not using them.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                            Super Moderator
                            • Sep 2014

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Bigs28
                              Chieftain
                              • Feb 2016

For me, the suppressor is theoretically forever so the extra cost over 20 years really means nothing. If i have an issue I'm currently confident tbac will still be in business to help me. Like lrr said i remove my suppressor everytime i get home so maintaining zero when i take it on and off is important to me as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X