• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kmon
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2015

Thinking about getting a suppressor

Has anyone used any from Stealth Project?

Stealth Project leads the industry in 22, 5.56, and 308 Suppressors, Silencers, Muzzle Brakes, and more! Use on your bolt action, AR 15, AR 10, Ruger 10/22 and more! Order Online today!

The boss is wanting on and would like to get her one, noise and recoil reduction being the main goal. Will most likely be going on a 16.5 inch Grendel at least for now since that is what we have threaded. program through work she can get a pretty good discount
  • Happy2Shoot
    Warrior
    • Nov 2018

I have not.

I would suggest a DEAD AIR NOMAD TI.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2013

I don't know the brand. Another helical suppressor on the market? Cool. I have been somewhat impressed with the OSS Helix for doing a good job, so hopefully this will work well for you.

I spent some time on the website. I am not impressed with the claim of minimal POI shift. I don't know that it is a valid claim as they can't control for how much the suppressor will affect barrel droop or changes in harmonics. I have seen the same suppressor put on two similar rifles where one ended up with a shift of less than an inch at 100 yards and the other was closer to 3".

This guy got a 2-3" POI shift.

I know some suppressors can cause larger shifts, some less. 2-3" seems fairly common. I would not call this a minimal POI shift unless you are talking about typical self defense distances. I can recall 20 years ago or so where manufacturers made claims about suppressors that would tighten your groups and they do, on the guns where adding a suppressor improves the harmonics. They don't do so well on guns where adding the suppressor negatively impacts the harmonics. The thing is, you don't know until you try.

This is a non-issue for me as I simply don't shoot my rifle without the suppressor. If your boss is shooting like that, the POI change is irrelevant. If the boss is wanting to move between suppressed and unsuppressed, the POI change could be very relevant.

They claim no baffle strikes. They have baffles, so the baffles are protected?

This guy is saying that the aluminum construction means limited shooting. On this, I am a bit confused, they say they are rated for full auto, but he says they said about 20 rounds at a time is it before you need to let it cool. I would suggest that they are not full auto rated per se, if that is the case, but limited full auto.

These do seem to have some nifty features and adjustments. I am just not so sure about some of the claims. I will say this, just about any suppressor will make your boss' life better. If y'all can get a really good deal on one, I say Go For It!
      Kill a hog. Save the planet.
      My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

Working...
      X