• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

Titanium Suppressor Recommendations

Just recently had recommended to me a titanium suppressor by a small company I'd never heard of: Diligent Defense
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Happy2Shoot
      Warrior
      • Nov 2018

Buying a gun silencer is easy with Silencer Shop. Choose from our wide selection of handgun and firearms silencers!

Great place to window shop.

Industry leading independent suppressor testing. Real Sound Signature Reviews with Silencer Sound Standard test data. The Suppression Rating determines what is "hearing safe" for your use; hunting, self defense, and target shooting. The most accurate suppressor sound metering data avail

$8/month for silencer dB ratings and rankings based on an Army algorithm.

Comment

• Happy2Shoot
        Warrior
        • Nov 2018

To me weight is #1, sound is #2 (stll need ear plugs for supers), durability is a distant #3 (i dont have a machinegun) . Price is price, but it really is a lifetime purchase you will most likely never sell it.

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Happy2Shoot View Post
          To me weight is #1, sound is #2 (stll need ear plugs for supers), durability is a distant #3 (i dont have a machinegun) . Price is price, but it really is a lifetime purchase you will most likely never sell it.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• sundowner
            Chieftain
            • Nov 2017

I have a banish from silencer central and can shoot it without ear protection , and it is titanium .

At Silencer Central, we make buying a silencer simple and handle the paperwork for you. Shop online and get started today!
            Last edited by sundowner; 08-06-2023, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• Klem
              Chieftain
              • Aug 2013

Originally posted by sundowner View Post
              I have a banish from silencer central and can shoot it without ear protection , and it is titanium .

https://www.silencercentral.com/
              Sundowner,

Be careful with your ears, no high-power centrefire suppressor is hearing safe.

Comment

• sundowner
                Chieftain
                • Nov 2017

I know Klem , that was one time I left the muffs in the car only fired 3 rounds , if I have the muffs on all I hear is the sonic rebound off the backstop bream .

Comment

• LRRPF52
                  Super Moderator
                  • Sep 2014

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• DeNinny
                    Warrior
                    • Sep 2022

I have a Banish 30 too. It's on my grendel, and my other two ARs have Banish 223s. Although I paid list price for each, I only had to pay for one tax stamp. It was a special offer from Silencer Central last October.

All are titanium and very light. In 30 cal, the other options offered are the Banish 30 Gold and the Backcountry.

If it matters, they are also serviceable. I can get them nearly clean as new with just dishwashing detergent, warm water, and a toothbrush.

I am enjoying them all. I have not shot them without ear plugs, but they are for sure quieter and the recoil is minimal.

Also I did not have to change anything like the gas block or buffer weights or springs. There is more gas blowback with them, but all ARs still cycle without issues.

Comment

• Happy2Shoot
                      Warrior
                      • Nov 2018

@BluntForceTrauma

What did you decide?

Comment

• MachV
                        Bloodstained
                        • Sep 2018

I run a Bannish 30 and Gemtec one, they both get it done as far as suppression with the Bannish being lighter. They both tipped over the thousand $ mark.
                        The Bannish will not work on T3 Tikka in the 7" configuration, point of impact is more than the scope can adjust for.
                        My hunting partner runs 3 TBAC, altra 9, altra 7 and a Dominous. Wish I would have went that route as they are worth the extra $ in all respects!
                        One thing to consider is the mounting system. Quick detatch is nice but not universal and dirrect thread seams to be a touch more accurate?

Comment

• Klem
                          Chieftain
                          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by MachV View Post
                          The Bannish will not work on T3 Tikka in the 7" configuration, point of impact is more than the scope can adjust for.
                          Mach,

What you say here is intriguing. What exactly do you mean?

Are you saying all the shots go in a tight group but in a particular direction outside the scopes adjustment travel?
                          Is the suppressor group size roughly the same as when the suppressor is off?
                          What is the muzzle thread on your Tikka-3?

Comment

• Happy2Shoot
                            Warrior
                            • Nov 2018

I've wondered about this. How much deflection can a barrel take before it becomes unmanageable? I had assumed if you hang a 22oz suppressor off the end of a 26" pencil profile barrel if could be a problem. In for the details of this situation!

Comment

• DeNinny
                              Warrior
                              • Sep 2022

Originally posted by Happy2Shoot View Post
                              I've wondered about this. How much deflection can a barrel take before it becomes unmanageable? I had assumed if you hang a 22oz suppressor off the end of a 26" pencil profile barrel if could be a problem. In for the details of this situation!
                              My three Banish suppressors had 1"-3" POI shifts at 100 yds. All of them were pretty much straight down which is aligned with the theory that the added weight is bending the barrels downward.

To actually calculate this exactly is a nightmare math problem, but one can get a relative ("first order of magnitude") understanding by just knowing the relative barrel size and weight differences. For example, if a 16" pencil barrel is half the weight of a 16" bull barrel, as a first approximation you can expect that the same weight suppressor would cause a POI shift on the pencil barrel roughly twice as far as the same suppressor on the bull barrel. This is NOT exact and only a "first order" approximation.

Comment

Working...
                              X