• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 65Whelen
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

My Grendel gets a baby brother

Savage Mod. 12 Varmint Low Profile, 22-250, soon to be converted to a 6.5 Creedmoor. But until I find a Creedmoor barrel the 22-250 should be fun to play with. My first varmint rifle.

Anyone have experience swapping barrels on a Savage?
    Attached Files
  • JASmith
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2014

If you haven't already, follow the Savage Shooters Forum. It helped me understand what I needed to do when I converted my Model 16 in .243 Win. to the 20 Grendel.

My main challenge was knowing which way to turn the barrel nut.

Second was not going immediately to the PPC bolt face. The larger face works most of the time, but does tend to leave cases in the chamber.
    shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• mike garus
      Unwashed
      • Mar 2016

Originally posted by 65Whelen View Post
      Savage Mod. 12 Varmint Low Profile, 22-250, soon to be converted to a 6.5 Creedmoor. But until I find a Creedmoor barrel the 22-250 should be fun to play with. My first varmint rifle.

Anyone have experience swapping barrels on a Savage?
      Check this out: There are many more.

Comment

• 65Whelen
        Warrior
        • Sep 2014

Thanks guys, been doing some research on the Savage action. Great u-tube video and will definitely check out the Savage forum. Lots of similarities between the ARs and the Savage action, as far as being able to make barrel changes.

JA, where did you get your barrel from?

Comment

Working...
        X