• Pics Of Grendel

Finally got a pic
    AA upper, lower and barrel-bolt combo
    RRA lpk with 2 stage trigger
    RRa free float tube
    Vortex flashider
    DD gas block
    Nikon monarch 4-16 with side focus
    I wanted a lightweight rifle for deer and hogs. First trip to range was flawless, ready to bench it and check accuracy.
    Last edited by Guest; 03-15-2011, 01:31 AM.
  • BenchRider

Here's my Custom (again)

This is a re-post of the pic that was up on the old site.

Okay... the image tag isn't working...try the link tag...

It has since been modified to have the picatinny rail shaved off the forearm for clearance.
    Last edited by Guest; 03-27-2011, 09:51 PM. Reason: IMG tag wasn't working...

Comment

Great looking rifle sir.

Comment

• skyfish
        Warrior
        • Mar 2011

Nice rifle, what length of barrel? I have one with the 18" barrel and bolt combo. Tell us how it shoots at the range.

Comment

• JarHeadRule

This is a pic of the grendel I built.

Alexander Arms lower and bolt and 24 in Barrel and A2 hider
          Rock River upper and Bolt carrier group
          Yankee Hill free floating guards and not in pic 2 piece gas block
          Magpul MIAG Grip
          ACE Stock
          and for right now C Products 10 rnd mag
          Last edited by Guest; 03-28-2011, 03:15 AM.

Comment

• BenchRider

Thanks all --

The barrel length is 28 inches of pure Satern cut-rifled goodness. It's definitely not for walking around. I humped that thing 600 yards out into a bean field one hot summer day, and I'm not doing that again.

That barrel has put a 5 shot group into 0.572 inches at 200 yards. I'm hoping to put up some spectacular groundhog shots this spring when the fields dry out.

Comment

Thats a very nice piece of equipment! As for the barrel- 28"?? Wow, and I thought mine was long with a suppressor. I refuse to hump mine anywhere, so I purchased one of these: http://ustacticalsupply.com/eberlest...icampacks.aspx It makes a HUGE difference.

Comment

• BenchRider

Originally posted by Uker View Post
                Thats a very nice piece of equipment! As for the barrel- 28"?? Wow, and I thought mine was long with a suppressor. I refuse to hump mine anywhere, so I purchased one of these: http://ustacticalsupply.com/eberlest...icampacks.aspx It makes a HUGE difference.
                Now *THAT* looks like a functional pack! How's it working for you? Is there decent protection and lashing available inside the scabbard to keep the rifle from wandering around? I'm sure that would let me move faster between positions, but I'm concerned about bouncing the scope around if I decide I need to double-time it through some varying terrain. I'm definitely liking the rig, and seriously considering dropping an order for one of my own, but it needs to be all squared away in the design.

Thanks for the link!

Comment

Here's a few pics to demo the backpack. The sticking is heavy duty and the zippers are not the little weak ones that some companies choose to use. The pack is very well padded and has numerous retention straps. It's setup to use with MOLLE and typical metal military fasteners. The only downside is the overall space inside. I pictured it being a little larger, but whatever I cannot fit inside, I strap to the exterior.

First is my 24" Grendel next to the back.
                  Grendel Backpack 004.jpg

This shows the Grendel inserted into the pack. Depending on your length the stock and possibly the pistol grip will remain exposed.
                  Grendel Backpack 003.jpg

Side view of pack showing the exposed portion of the rifle.
                  Grendel Backpack 001.jpg

Top of pack. The clips at the top can be fastened to secure the rifle. A later pic will show the top cover. This is very snug. My rifle barely moves. The padding between the rifle and back is more than 1" thick.
                  Grendel Backpack 002.jpg

Using the same clips, a top-cover can be installed to hide the contents of the pack. This cover is not padded.
                  Grendel Backpack 007.jpg

If you want to see anything specific, PM me your email and I will take/send additional pics.

Comment

Legs

Uker By the looks of your legs in that picture I think you have been humping that pack around a few miles.

Comment

I'll be sure to pass that along to my Misses.

Comment

Those Eberlestock packs are AMAZING!!! I have a G4 Operator on order and can't wait for it to show up (hopefully this week). Nice pack/rifle combo!

Comment

If you want to carry gear and a rifle, get an eberlestock. I have three different ones, based on what I need/want in the field. I can use each very well and they do haul more than I want to do. Example, I shoot Elk, when you are 3 miles back, you really do not want to waste a trip to camp/truck being empty. With one of their packs you can shoot and get the first load out when you return....absolutely great. I have also used them for backpacking...Excellent product

Comment

Working...
                          X