• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Catman4127
    Unwashed
    • Nov 2016

A few pics of my Gendel

From milling the 80% to finished. Put 6 rounds through it and am really pleased so far. Really meant the header to say "Grendel" lol
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Catman4127; 11-11-2016, 05:01 PM.
  • Kilco
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2016

Beautiful rifle!! How did it shoot?

Comment

• Catman4127
      Unwashed
      • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Kilco View Post
      Beautiful rifle!! How did it shoot?
      1st shot was 2" right 2" high. Didn' t adjust anything and it was consistent all 6 shots. Going out to shoot more this weekend. Not looking for much until 20. Going to change stock and buffer and spring next week. Guess I love to tinker. But it feels pretty sweet!

Comment

• Frank45
        Warrior
        • Mar 2016

Very cool. I'm on a two tone kick and wish I'd have gone that route with mine. Not too late yet. Did you paint or cerakote? Or something else?

Comment

• Catman4127
          Unwashed
          • Nov 2016

I bead blast and Cerakote. Still trying to master that. Guess I need to start building a new Grendel so I can practice! Addiction is a wonderful thing! Lol

Comment

• rabiddawg
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2013

That's awesome.

What brand 80% components did you start with?

What jig?

Are you completely satisfied with the resulting parts?

I have never built a rifle, but if I do, I will probably do it as you did. If you gonna be a bear might as well be a grizzly.
            Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• Catman4127
              Unwashed
              • Nov 2016

Rabid, I use the Modulus Arms heavy duty jig. Spendy but outstanding and simple to use. I also buy my stripped uppers from them, great quality and priced right. Terrific company. I use 7075 bullit lowers from Blitzkrieg Tactical. Also a great company and priced right, although they did just raise price a little. I like their lowers because they don'the have "fire or safe" engraved. I like to use Elftmann push safety. Cleaner look. Each one I do look better, and I really feel they look good. Must have a lot of patience, but it is fun and very satisfying when they are done. Go for it! Beware though, highly addicting! Your buddies will bug you to do one for them. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
              X