• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crusty
    Warrior
    • Dec 2017

My new scope is mounted and ready to rock

I just got my new Nikon FX1000 scope (6-24x50, FFP, MOA) mounted and I'm about to leave for the range and air it out with some 130 RDF handloads. This scope is awesome and at $800 I think it's a real bargain in a match grade scope.

At the very least it looks like something that would make a libtard faint.
    Attached Files
    I'll be yer Huckleberry.
  • kpswihart
    Warrior
    • Dec 2016

Looks awesome, let us know how your range day goes.

Comment

• Crusty
      Warrior
      • Dec 2017

If it goes well you'll hear all about it. Otherwise, not so much.

I've been familiar with Nikon glass from cameras for many years and the picture thru this one is crystal clear like their camera glass.

The Nikon VP in charge of developing this scope set out to make a name for Nikon in the scope realm and so far it looks like he's hit the mark. 6-24x50, FFP, illuminated cross hair reticle, MOA with indexed hash marks, settable hard vertical zero, 60 MOA adjustment range and it came with a sun shade, bikini cover and fancy Nikon snot rag. It's made in the Philippines but everything is made to Nikon specs rather than just a logo silk screened on a stock scope, and I understand that the glass is Japanese made.
      Last edited by Crusty; 03-30-2018, 02:13 PM.
      I'll be yer Huckleberry.

Comment

• Popeye212
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Crusty View Post
        If it goes well you'll hear all about it. Otherwise, not so much.
        Meh, we'll take the good with the bad. Tell us anyway enquireing minds want to know.

Comment

• 98Z
          Warrior
          • Jan 2018

Crusty, you'll love it. I went close, but $$$ under, on the Black X1000 in Mils. Same magnification at 6-24x50, but SFP. Ranging is done at 18x on the SFP scope. Very clear glass, very good adjustments, and very "at home" on a 300 Win Mag. Nikon is changing some things with their new scopes, that's for sure.

Comment

• Crusty
            Warrior
            • Dec 2017

It works fine. Now I can see the very center of the target in the crosshairs and my groups just got better because of that factor alone.

Once I figured out that BDCs are only accurate for one altitude and temperature they lost their appeal to me. Now I have an app on my phone that I can enter all the pertinent variables into and expect my shots to be closer to where I was aiming. At my range, past 250 yards they'll kick you off the range if they see that you're trying to use a BDC instead of dialing in an exact hold over.

I agree that Nikon is extending it's expertise with this new line of scopes. I think I'll be happy with this one for some time and I think I'll make it to the 1000yd range using it.
            Last edited by Crusty; 03-30-2018, 06:47 PM.
            I'll be yer Huckleberry.

Comment

Working...
            X