• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Triticum
    Bloodstained
    • Jul 2018

22" Criterion

I've been wanting to build an AR-15 that I can shoot a 1,000 yards with. I've been slowly piecing one together over the past several months. Finally got time today to take it out and see how it does.

Shot the first 10 rounds at 100 yards during barrel break-in to get sighted in and then I went straight for 1,000. Hit the target on my fourth shot. You can't really see it in the pic, but I'm shooting at a steel IPSC target at the top of the hill, just below the horizon:

Once I got my windage dialed in I was 3 for 3 at 1,000. I'm very pleased with the gun.

It has a Criterion 22" barrel, AR-Stoner side charging upper, Warne 20 MOA scope mount, SWFA SS16x42mm scope, YHM Ti Phantom can.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Triticum; 09-13-2018, 05:59 AM.
  • Bigs28
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2016

Very nice. Congrats

Comment

• Kswhitetails
      Chieftain
      • Oct 2016

What ammunition did you start with? That range looks pretty adaptable!
      Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• SightedIn
        Warrior
        • Jun 2016

Gotta Criterion barrel for my creedmoor and its AMAZING( shoots in the .25s)
        When my grendel needs a new tube it will getting a criterion as well.

Comment

• Triticum
          Bloodstained
          • Jul 2018

Originally posted by Kswhitetails View Post
          What ammunition did you start with? That range looks pretty adaptable!
          I was using some 123 gr HPBT ammo I found a deal on. I plan on working up a load for it with 123 gr ELD-Ms and 8208XBR.

My range is one of the advantages of living on a farm. I can shoot out to about 1100 yards, though there are a few distances I can't shoot due to hills and dips.
          Last edited by Triticum; 09-13-2018, 06:00 AM.

Comment

• Dead Center Miss
            Warrior
            • Sep 2018

Sweet! I have a Radical upper on loan from a friend and this is exactly that I hope to be able to do with it. Once I k ow I like it, I'll build one of my own.

Were you shooting at a standard or metric target?

Comment

• Triticum
              Bloodstained
              • Jul 2018

Originally posted by Dead Center Miss View Post
              Sweet! I have a Radical upper on loan from a friend and this is exactly that I hope to be able to do with it. Once I k ow I like it, I'll build one of my own.

Were you shooting at a standard or metric target?
              You know, I'm not sure if its standard or metric, I would assume its a standard target.

Comment

Working...
              X