• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lbjennings
    Unwashed
    • Apr 2019

New grendel

This is my new toy. I’m still working on a good load. I added the wood forearm to help support for shooting off a bench. Seems to be working great.
    41327B8F-0787-4DE2-A561-8913EA07A64F.jpeg
    Last edited by Lbjennings; 04-10-2019, 09:42 PM.
  • NugginFutz
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

Now that is a unique looking rifle. Very nice! What made you decide to go with the wooden furniture?
    If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Lbjennings
      Unwashed
      • Apr 2019

02EB993F-C142-4F1C-AE2A-0635BDEFC0C8.jpegHello
      Here’s a before picture
      I put the full stock wood on my 223 a couple years ago. Not a big fan of the military look, I just like a wood stock. When I got my new grendel upper a few weeks ago, I wanted a flat forearm. We only shoot off a bench. The wood forearm was a piece of an old laminate Ruger 10/22 stock I had. The color is a little different than the buttstock and the grip, but close enough.
      Larry

Comment

• coachallen
        Bloodstained
        • Apr 2019

Really nice like the wood hardware..

Comment

• kayakbuilder
          Unwashed
          • Apr 2019

Nice, not a bad look. I've thought about doing my own wood furniture for an AR. Now you've got the wheels turning in my brain.

Comment

• Lbjennings
            Unwashed
            • Apr 2019

The picture of the wood forearm shows it a little thicker than it is now. I should post another picture. It’s actually a little flatter looking. Shooting from a rest is very comfortable and also very stable.

Comment

Working...
            X