General purpose, target, hunting, varmenting...general fun and mayhem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mechnic
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2020

General purpose, target, hunting, varmenting...general fun and mayhem.

So I went the easy route and just bought a complete Grendel upper at a gun show.
    Probably not the best place to buy one, but I figure if this doesn't shoot like I want then I'll
    get a better barrel.

All parts are a mystery to me, I can say that the M-Lok handguard does fit M-Lok accessories.
    I'm still getting other accessories together before I take it out for a range session.

Yeah, I shouldn't have mounted the scope on the handguard but just wanted to take a look at positioning.
    Attached Files
  • FLshooter
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2019

After you break in that barrel, 200 to 300 rounds and realize you want a better barrel,you’ve already blown $300 that you could have spent towards a quality barrel. I sometimes buy budget uppers,because they cost less than me getting an upper reciever,handrail and BCG separately. But I sell the barrel on eBay. Usually gets me around $100 and I’ll throw in the gas block if the barrel I’m getting uses a larger one.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Mechnic View Post
      So I went the easy route and just bought a complete Grendel upper at a gun show.
      Probably not the best place to buy one, but I figure if this doesn't shoot like I want then I'll
      get a better barrel.

All parts are a mystery to me, I can say that the M-Lok handguard does fit M-Lok accessories.
      I'm still getting other accessories together before I take it out for a range session.

Yeah, I shouldn't have mounted the scope on the handguard but just wanted to take a look at positioning.
      What does the barrel have stamped on it? Any stampings are writing on the bolt?

Comment

• MasterChief
        Unwashed
        • May 2019

It looks like a BCA to me.

Comment

• Mechnic
          Bloodstained
          • Jan 2020

Ahhh, life has kept me jumping since I last posted. Will try and get a pic of the barrel loaded up tomorrow.

Comment

• Mechnic
            Bloodstained
            • Jan 2020

Holy smokes,
            Hope everyone is doing well, I've been able to verify that I've got a BCA barrel. Still haven't shot it yet, but now have a stripped lower and parts on the way. Having read quite abit about the LaRue MBT-2S trigger and talking to a friend that has one. I went ahead and ordered it. Here's hoping.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
              Administrator
              • Feb 2011

Lately, I've put only LaRue MBT triggers on my build cuz they've been such a good cost-to-performance value. You'll be happy with yours.
              :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Working...
              X