• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lemonaid
    Warrior
    • Feb 2019

Rap M77 Stock Experiment

Winter project to see if I could transplant my RAP into a take off Ruger M77 target style stock.
    As it was unknown if this could work I didn't spend a lot of time on how it would look, just going for function.
    Pillar bedded it and fabricated a trigger guard. For the type of shooting I do which is 99% bench at a public range I really like having the wide beaver tail stock resting on sandbags. First test results are good!
    Attached Files
  • grayfox
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2017

Now this is interesting! You're saying that with the plastic bottom-thingy it fits ok?
    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Lemonaid
      Warrior
      • Feb 2019

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
      Now this is interesting! You're saying that with the plastic bottom-thingy it fits ok?
      There were numerous challenges on this project. This stock is not really ideal for RAP transplant. Notice the green magwell unit sticks out a quarter inch or so where it is flush on the original. The trigger guard is another problem as there is very little room between the trigger group and the magwell unit. Instead of the "V" bedding block I went with pillars and epoxy (JB Weld). The rear pillar needed to be a rectangle rather than a cylinder due again to the short space between trigger and magwell.
      If you have ever done in-letting you know how much time it takes (LOTS!) so this project was something to do when I couldn't go to the range.
      Unless you have a free take off stock, lots of bedding material, .500" length pillars, a means to fabricate a trigger guard, lots of time and patience I would not recommend this.
      Function is great, possibly better than before for feeding from the mags. It now weighs more so recoil feels less. It feels a lot more stable off of sandbags.

Comment

• Javman
        Warrior
        • Jan 2016

Looks good. I'd paint the magazine part black it'd make it blend a bit better with the stock! Good job.

Comment

• FLshooter
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2019

Comment

• Lemonaid
            Warrior
            • Feb 2019

Yes, I am moderately pleased I think I'll order a bunch of the 120 Barnes Match Burners.

Comment

Working...
            X