• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grendelfan1980
    Unwashed
    • Nov 2020

Barrel Question

I have heard good things about Satern so I bought this off gunbroker. After doing a little more research online I found that there were some issues with group buys in the past. Mainly short chambers with Liberty not Satern. Looking online this doesn't seem to fit what is available now. Can anyone help identify if it is Satern vs Liberty. They person I bought it from bought out a shop that was closing and it was marked simply as Satern.
    Attached Files
  • 37L1
    Warrior
    • Jan 2015

One sure way to find out if you have one of the "problem" barrels, measure your chamber. The short throated barrels had issues with factory ammo or anything loaded to SAAMI.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

Satern is liberty. Liberty is satern.

Save yourself the headache of trying to figure what that barrel us and get rid of it and buy a more recent production barrel.

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Mad Charlie
            Warrior
            • May 2017

My Satern/ Liberty 18" barrel's fired cases measure 1.220. At first I thought it was long chambered until I found SAMMI specs.
            It shoots pretty good, considering it's operator, sub MOA in the sixes or a little less, depending on how much coffee before range time. It is 1/8T 5R. Too much gas port though. But that is easy to fix.

Comment

Working...
            X