• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Old_School
    Unwashed
    • Mar 2018

My Grendel Hunting Rig

Started with a handful of used parts I bought off a guy who decided the Grendel wasn't for him (Sabre Defence 16" bbl, unknown bolt & gas block, a couple of mags and a muzzle brake). Picked up an Aero upper, added a Seekins NOXS 15" FF handguard, and used an old S&W bolt carrier. Once assembled, I installed it on a Sabre Defence lower I already had, including a LaRue MBT-2S trigger. Although I recently added a PA 1-6X FFP optic, this photo and all my range time has been with an old Burris 4-12x R/A in a cheap Chinese Picatinny mount.

With Hornady American Gunner ammo, it will keep all shots within 1 MOA. This is it's first kill, a feral sow that was 180-200 lbs. Although not a hunting round, that American Gunner put her down on the spot from 60 yds.
    Attached Files
  • Oryx
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2021

Rifle turned out nice .... that's a nice fat pig!

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Sabre Defense sold a lot of 6.5 Grendel barrels until they were forced out of business. They sold quite a few chrome lined barrels which were popular. Nice build and glad to see your getting to use it.

Comment

• biodsl
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
        Sabre Defense sold a lot of 6.5 Grendel barrels until they were forced out of business. They sold quite a few chrome lined barrels which were popular. Nice build and glad to see your getting to use it.
        As I've mention before, I had a chrome-lined, pin and welded 14.5 with mid-length gas system that shot well. I don't know what possessed me to sell it. Dumb.
        Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• Wellbornpapa
          Bloodstained
          • Jun 2019

Looks good and works just as good as it looks. What more could you ask?

Comment

Working...
          X