• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Redleg11B
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2023

Done for now

20230225_134804.jpg20230225_134713.jpg20230225_134638.jpg

Bought this Howa mini a couple weeks ago and immediately ordered bottom metal from Hokey. I hate protruding mags on bolt actions, and for my needs a BDL bottom works better. I love it! Typical synthetic stock issues were present, so I had to relieve around the barrel a little bit. It is not perfect, but is functional. Below is the entire rifle with Vortex Diamondback 4-12X40 (in rings from the parts bin). I plan to eventually cut the barrel down to 16.5" or 18" and have the thread adapter blended into the barrel contour.

20230225_134725.jpg
  • JASmith
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2014

Nice looking rifle -- am looking forward to seeing that 16.5" barrel with blended thread adapter.

BTW - how many rounds can you insert into the magwell now? (+1 in the chamber)
    shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• Redleg11B
      Unwashed
      • Jan 2023

Hokey says 4 down, 1 up. I've only put 3 down so far. If I can't kill paper with 3, I need to go back to nerf guns.

Comment

• JASmith
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2014

Thanks!

Looks like you get 4 with one up the spout.

Anything more than one is insurance!
        shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
        -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• Redleg11B
          Unwashed
          • Jan 2023

Originally posted by JASmith View Post
          Anything more than one is insurance!
          I've been hunting with T/C Contenders for a few years and never needed insurance. I always just passed on shots I wasn't comfortable with. I will continue doing that. The range I shoot at has a 3 round limit, so I have never even tried to verify what Hokey says. I absolutely believe him though. It is always fun watching folks with 10-15 AR mags doing fast reloads to fire 3 rounds at a time.

Comment

• Redleg11B
            Unwashed
            • Jan 2023

Update: Making plans with the smith to get the barrel work done. I think I am also going to have the barrelled action Cerakoted in a gray of some type, but undecided between a lighter look (i.e. Ruger target gray) or a darker gray.

Comment

Working...
            X