First Grendel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Grendel

This is my first Grendel build cant wait to see how it shoots. Looking for scope for it now not sure what to get. I am thinking either ziess 4.5 x 14x50 or the trigicon 2-10x56. Does anyone have a pictures of an AR with that trigicon on it. Seems a little big but I think would make a good low light / night scope for coyotes and hogs.

I lapped the upper receiver it was a Bravo company M4 upper receiver.
    PSA Lower and Lower parts kit.
    AR15Performance barrel 18 in. Melonite QPQ Barrel is a SPR contour, mid gas, 6R button rifling
    Yankee Hill FF hand guard
    JP enterprises Adjustable Gas block
    Magpul Stock.
    Magpul Foliage Green

Update Now have a scope Zeiss 4.5-14x50 Mil-dot. Armalite mount.

Guess I will add the new raccoon, squirrel rig as well. its a cmmg .22 upper. Shoots really awesome and has ran great with no issues.

Last edited by Guest; 06-14-2012, 08:12 PM.

Gratz! Very nice! Which handguard model is that?

Comment

MidwayUSA

Yankee Hill Machine Free Float Tube Handguard Smooth/Quad Rail AR-15 Aluminum Matte
      Product #: 837539 Manufacturer #: YHM-5004A Product Family #: 2696456874

Comment

• bwaites
        • Mar 2011

VERY nice!

Comment

Hey thanks! I've been researching handguards, and I really like the clean look those give.

Comment

I have a recent thread on here with a couple pics of my rifle with the trijicon accupoint on it. Nice rifle by the way!

Comment

Updated with new pictures cant wait to get to the range.

Comment

• ChellieWiles

Cool rifle cobra. Those handguards are one of my favorites also.

Comment

Nice stick sir. Do you have a chronograph? I think we'd all be interested to see what velocities you get with Hornady 123gr AMAX.

Comment

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                    Nice stick sir. Do you have a chronograph? I think we'd all be interested to see what velocities you get with Hornady 123gr AMAX.
                    No I dont currently have one but I want one really bad. Which one do you suggest. I have .308 rifles I would like to use with one as well. I have 300 rounds of the Hornady AMAX and 500 of the wolf MPT right now but have not shot anything yet. If someone can point me in the the right directon of a good chronograph I will get it an post my findings. I will be reloading for this as well in the near future.

Comment

• ChellieWiles

Competition Electronics ProChrono is probably one of the best for the money. I have 3 of them and all have just kept kicking. I just bought their newest one this year with a 10 shot string display with reviewability on each string and it has worked very well. Their older designs only kept track of 1 shot at a time so these new ones are really hard to beat. I've set all 3 chrono's up in a line and shot through them with a steady 2-4fps decrease for the 4 feet or so that 3 of them took up...very reliable. There is also a program with a usb connector that can plug you right in to your computer so you don't have to get up to see the velocities that use almost every time I go out. I haven't found another for 120 bucks that measures the extreme spread of velocities as this one either, 21fps-7000fps

Comment

nice rifle! as far as chrony's, Ive been using the shooting chrony Alpha Master from midway. It has been very reliable and according to ballistic computers that weve been using, it is spot on with velocities. I cant attest to the durability as we've only had for @ months.

Comment

• Variable
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by ricsmall View Post
                          nice rifle! as far as chrony's, Ive been using the shooting chrony Alpha Master from midway. It has been very reliable and according to ballistic computers that weve been using, it is spot on with velocities. I cant attest to the durability as we've only had for @ months.
                          I use an Alpha Master also. Mine has been ticking along for about ten years now. I have a Gamma also, but I've never took it out of the box.
                          Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                          We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Originally posted by ChellieWiles View Post
                            Competition Electronics ProChrono is probably one of the best for the money. I have 3 of them and all have just kept kicking. I just bought their newest one this year with a 10 shot string display with reviewability on each string and it has worked very well. Their older designs only kept track of 1 shot at a time so these new ones are really hard to beat. I've set all 3 chrono's up in a line and shot through them with a steady 2-4fps decrease for the 4 feet or so that 3 of them took up...very reliable. There is also a program with a usb connector that can plug you right in to your computer so you don't have to get up to see the velocities that use almost every time I go out. I haven't found another for 120 bucks that measures the extreme spread of velocities as this one either, 21fps-7000fps
                            http://www.midwayusa.com/product/852...al-chronograph
                            Does this one have a printer?

Comment

• ChellieWiles

it has an optional usb device that you hook to your computer to record results. i'm not sure if it can print from there or not, but assuredly once it's on your lap it can be printed somehow. I try not to pay attention to the chrono too much while i'm shooting. I just line it up with the angle i'm shooting at to the target and shoot through it while target practicing. it has 10 strings that can each record 10 shots i believe. you can just go back over the shots after you're done firing, not too much hassle to get up to read after 10 shots.

Comment

Working...
                              X