My newest Grendel homebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My nephew had a blast shooting both guns. This is him driving the Grendel (linked from Facebook, so let me know if it doesn't show up):

And here's the very first 5-shot group with the Hornady ammo.

I think I'll keep it!
    Last edited by Guest; 07-24-2012, 09:17 PM.

Comment

nice shooting! hornady is good stuff.

Comment

• gunrestorer

Wow,that is a thing of beauty. Love the color.

Comment

• bwaites
          • Mar 2011

That Seekins fore end is a sweet piece, maybe the ultimate 3 gun piece.

Comment

Here are some general groups I shot with the new Grendel last week. They are just average groups with each type of ammo, not necessarily the best groups with each ammo... Note also that the different ammo types were fired at various stages of "break in". I just wanted to see how each ammo type shot.

All shots were from 100 yards.

Wolf 120gr MPT

AA 123gr Scenar

Hornady 123gr A-MAX

I need to give the gun a good cleaning and head back out to the range to try for some serious groups. It is likely to change a bit more though, because at only 80 rounds through it so far, the rifle is far from broken in.

Comment

• usmc1371
              Warrior
              • Aug 2011

nice groups. nice looking stick.

Comment

The Grendel in the OP got a bit of a makeover, so I figured I'd update the thread. Gone is the ARP 18" barrel, in its place is a Satern 20" barrel. I also swapped the ACS for a PRS and the 3-12x44 Bushnell Elite Tactical for a 3.5-21x50 Bushnell HDMR. There are a few other minor changes as well.

I wasn't even finished putting it all back together, but I needed to snap a few pics anyway!

Comment

That is sweet dude! What reticle do you have in the HDMR? Nice Cerakote work, whoever did it. Most of my sticks are just a single color as well, while I have done patterns for those who convinced me to do them for them.

Comment

It's got the G2DMR reticle.

The changes were mostly because I wanted to run my MRS-2 suppressor on this rifle, but I took the opportunity to "upgrade" a few things along the way. I'm pretty excited to get out to the range with it and see how much different it is!
                    Last edited by Guest; 05-03-2013, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X