LAR Ops-4 Update (lot of pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAR Ops-4 Update (lot of pics)

Been having a lot of fun with my new build and haven't had time to post pic's so here they are.

After finding out it was going to be 4 months on my upper, this is how it looked, sad and waiting for an upper for 4 months. 18" fluted bull barrel from DPMS (surprisingly very accurate) with a Jerry Miculek compensator, YHM spectre free float handguard, 9-13" pivot bipod, 5 position foreward grip, New Frontier Armory's LW-15 polymer lower with a UTG grip. This was more of a fun test gun than anything, which is why I went with a polymer lower.
    So far I have no complaints about the lower. Especially being complete for $110 to my door, trigger really isn't that bad, fine for now, I'm sure I'll upgrade later.

Then it arrives! XPS 2-2 on top and my rear Magpul BUIS was on backorder with no ETA for 4 weeks. So I canceled and ordered from someone else and got it last week, will take a new pic right now and post further below.

6.5 Grendel with AA side charge on the left and 5.56 with LAR Ops-4 Ambi side charge on the right. The GF loves the side chargers being a lefty. I got her a AR15-22 ... (hot pink camo, haha!) and it is quite entertaining watching her charge the standard charging handle while standing. With the side charging handles though she can load a clip and chamber one a lot easier with less movement of the gun.

Here's a pic of the AR15-22's btw if you were curious what a pink AR looked like.

With the Magpul Rear BUIS, Primary Arms 6X magnifier with a cheap twist off mount till PA gets their Flip-to-side's in and a GG&G cover for the Eotech.

Got the Grendel all snugged up in it's case yesterday, it's made by Plano with pluck foam but honestly I love it, I'm not going to the airport with it just taking it to the range and back so it is awesome for that at only $115 might want to give one a try in place of a $300 Pelican.

Comment

Here are some toy's I took out to play the other day.
      Excel Arms .22 Mag semi auto rifle on the left
      6.5 Grendel in the middle
      5.56 on the right

My first 3 shot group with the grendel that day using 107 sierra's

Sighting the 5.56 in, wasn't really taking a lot of time to aim. Didn't have much time that day and just wanting it close to sighted in but it surprised me how accurate it was. This was without the magnifier, I'll get some more once I get the PA FTS mount in.

Comment

Working...
      X