pics of new grendel finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pics of new grendel finally

Guys, I finally got time after working bugs out of my build to post pics. Description as follows, please express your likes and dislikes.

Upper assembly:
    DPMS lo-pro upper milled for side charger
    Templar customs 22" bartlein barrel w/AA bolt
    PRI brake
    DTI BCG modified for side charger
    YHM Todd Jarrett rifle length handguard
    PRI adjustable gas block
    Leupold Mark 2 Mounting system
    Leupold mark 4 LRM1 8.5-25x50

Lower assembly:
    Aero precision lower
    DPMS LPK with worked trigger
    CAA G27 grip
    Magpul PRS and MOE trigger guard
    ASC 26 round mag cut to 16 round(thanks sneaky)
    I have a Jard adjustable trigger on the way

Well, first time posting pics anywhere, hope the links work, if not, Ill need guidance.

1st and 3rd pics are 3 shots at 200, 2nd pic 5 shots at 100, 4th pic 4 shots at 100. 5 and 6 are the beast! All those groups were before I had the rifle functioning properly (single shot mode), so maybe Ill be able to really focus on shooting now instead of working on it!

BTW, thanks to everyone on here for the advice and guidance so far, as I start loading for it, Ill need some more guidance.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Guest; 12-20-2012, 08:44 PM.

Ric
    Really nice build. How's it shooting?

Comment

Shooting less than moa at 200, moa or less at 100. Haven't had much time to shoot with quail season in and took some time to get the bugs worked out. Hope to shoot more soon though. Seems to have a fairly long throat though so I may be limited on projo choice. I ordered 200 123gr smk's and it looks like about 2.38 to the lands so I may try some of those and if it doesn't work out try something else, so suggestions from the more grendel savvy are much welcomed! BTW I think I loaded some pics of groups in my links, if they aren't working, ill try again.thanks for looking.

Comment

• Taylormade

Freakin awesome gun,love that handguard can't wait to get mine. How do you like that PRI as far as loudness and possible blow back.

Comment

Thanks taylormade
          the pri actually seems quieter than a yhm I had on a 5.56. Also, there isn't any blowback to the shooter, pretty good behind the shooter though.

Comment

• Taylormade

Good to know that's the same break I was wanting.

Comment

Damn nice rifle. Have fun with it.

Comment

• Buster
                Warrior
                • Mar 2012

Nice!!! Glad you finally got that Templar barrel in.
                You're a better man than I am...

Roll Tide..

Comment

Originally posted by Buster View Post
                  Nice!!! Glad you finally got that Templar barrel in.
                  You're a better man than I am...

Roll Tide..
                  Thanks buster, it was a long wait but it looks like its gonna be worth it -time will tell.
                  Roll tide!

Comment

Ric-
                    As you and I have the same, long throated barrel, you might try loading to just short of absolute mag length. I went that route yesterday with better results. Loaded 123SST and AMax to 2.285" in ASC and AA 10 round mags, and might be able to press to 2.29, but noses are getting close and backed off a bit to avoid damage. And not that I'm going to go that way, but 120 AMax would seat at 2.30", so I can now comfortably dispose of them. From my numbers gathering so far, and depending on specific ogive, I'm figuring I'm .080-.120 longer than either my Satern or AA barrel's throats. Not sure just yet, but feel like this barrel will require special attention to OAL to really nail it. Interested to see your progress.

Comment

Bob
                      Thanks for the info. I loaded a dummy round with the 123SMK at 2.298 OAL and that will work in my mags, though I dont want to have hunting rounds that long for fear of a malf. It will probably be couple of weeks at least before I can do much testing, Btw, how is the accuracy on yours looking?

Thanks
                      Richard

Comment

Working...
                      X