Persistance Pays off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Persistance Pays off

I was able to finish my Grendel finally by Johnny Cashing it one piece at a time

My build consists of
    Magpul MOE grip and ACS-L stock Midwest industries Free Float guard and and Vltor upper.

Some of the finer details are
    Vltor Gas block
    WMD full auto carrier
    POF 4-lb Trigger with a KNS anti-rotation pin kit (came with the trigger Kit)
    The lower is a Billet DRD Tactical S/N 0068

I ended up using an AR-stoner 16" barrel capped with an AAC flash hider.

I'm using a more custom type scope mount from an engineer named Jon Aadland. It is called the Aadmount (oddmount) and is really great. The scope is a Trijicon 2.5-10 x 56mm with a 30mm tube.

Here's some eyecandy sorry for the quality all I have at this time is the wife and I's camera phones

The range report is I boresighted and took 3 shots. The VERY first 3 through the tube and thats where it put them I forgot to take a picture of the 100 yd groupage so Ill let the imagination run and say it was under 1 MOA

I was using hornady's new 123gr SST loads. I ended up leaving the scope rest at a 200yd zero as this gun will probably only be 250 yd deer rifle.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Guest; 05-11-2013, 01:45 AM. Reason: photo edit

Nice stick! Looks like that stoner barrel is a shooter.

Comment

• Drifter
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

A plan comes together, and very well at that.

(And I think Jon A is a forum member / participant here.)
      Drifter

Comment

Very nice stick. It started out POA/POI like that? How lucky is that!

Comment

• Keep The Change
          Warrior
          • Mar 2013

Very nice ride. Looks like you got a heck of an AR Stoner barrel.
          What hand guard is that? I'm still debating on what hand guard to get for mine. So if I don't recognize it I ask people what it is.
          I like the still of yours, it looks similar to a JP but the barrel nut area is different.

Comment

Ya got a love it when a plan comes together, nice job.

Comment

Thanks for the compliments :-D Needles to say with the POA\PIA where it was I was shocked. Especially since I boresighted with an old BSA boresight, I did adjust the elevation to match my 20 MOA base before I boresighted. I was a little worried about the stoner barrel especially with thier barrels being from horrible to good. My father was with me when I was shooting it in and wasn't fully convinced that this rifle would shoot well or be a good game gun (hes a bolt gun guy) after he seen the groups he changed his mind

@Change its a Midwest Industries SS Gen II. It took me awhile also to decide myself. Its a really nice guard and light! The only thing that seems to be an issue is if you get one in another color besides black it doesnt seem to match other colors well.

Comment

Good looking stick man! Looks like someone's gonna have some meat in the freezer come this fall

Comment

• usmc1371
                  Warrior
                  • Aug 2011

Nice rifle.

Comment

Excellent job! Results like that'll put a smile on your face!

Comment

Very nice Rifle, I like the dark earth!

Comment

I love my Aadmount. Some would say its overkill by the size and weight of it. But an ounce of prevention is worth a lb of cure. One things for sure i doubt that we will ever break them lol. Good looking gun.

Comment

Working...
                        X