Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ragedracer1977

Camo Grendel

Just took a pic, painted it last week. Got a new scope in (Primary Arms 4-14x44 FFP). If I end up liking the scope, I'll paint it as well. On the way is a Vortex Phantom flash hider and a Geissele SSA-E trigger (I can't WAIT for that!)

I use the same scope and trigger. Love em both so far.

Comment

Nice looking rig. How's it shoot?

Comment

Looks nice! Good thinking waiting on painting the scope. I painted a rifle with scope prior to running the box test on the scope. Sure enough, it failed. Luckily, SWFA took it back anyways but it was an uncomfortable call.

Comment

Nice job, what did you paint it with? And how long did it take?

Comment

• ragedracer1977

Originally posted by ricsmall View Post
            Nice looking rig. How's it shoot?
            I've only put about 40 rds through it, so I'm not sure yet. And the scope I was using was horrid (cheap walmart 3-9 that I've had laying around for years). So bad that I could watch the reticle bounce on trigger reset.

Comment

• ragedracer1977

Originally posted by Whelenon View Post
              Nice job, what did you paint it with? And how long did it take?
              I used a bunch of colors of Krylon and straw from a straw broom to create patterns. I first painted the whole rifle a lighter tan color, then went back with several colors to break it up. Then hit the whole thing with a matte clear coat. It's not as shiny in person as it looks in the pic.

I've krylon'ed several rifles. It holds up pretty well. Best part is, if it gets worn out, you just paint it again!

To do that rifle took about 2 hours.

Comment

Working...
              X