• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • waveslayer
    Warrior
    • Jan 2013

300 yard load development

doing some load development, I think we found a winner with 20-25 mph winds at times.

• tackdriver
    Warrior
    • Feb 2013

That's damn good shooting, recipe?

Comment

• waveslayer
      Warrior
      • Jan 2013

secret! JK! I will have to double check...embarrassing that I don't know off the top of my head. I am using XBR with 123 AMAX seated with Hornady's comparator at 1.7015 using Lapua brass and CCI 450 primer. The powder charge was either 27.3 or 28.3 out of a 24" Shilen barrel from AA. I will have to post more pics of the 120 SMK... just as good with XBR and CFE powders..

Comment

1/2" at 300 yds! That is some really nice shooting.

Comment

Very good shooting! Prolly 28.3 grains. Pretty normal load with exceptional results. How many groups you have like that?

Richard

Comment

• NugginFutz
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2013

And people keep saying this is just a machine gun.
            If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

Originally posted by waveslayer View Post
              secret! JK! I will have to double check...embarrassing that I don't know off the top of my head. I am using XBR with 123 AMAX seated with Hornady's comparator at 1.7015 using Lapua brass and CCI 450 primer. The powder charge was either 27.3 or 28.3 out of a 24" Shilen barrel from AA. I will have to post more pics of the 120 SMK... just as good with XBR and CFE powders..
              I'm running the same barrel. Gonna have to keep a watch on your load progress and do some mimicking

Comment

• waveslayer
                Warrior
                • Jan 2013

I have had about 5 groups doing that. It has taken me a tad longer to get this dialed in...I am doing ladder test using XBR and CFE with both 120 SMK's and 123 Amax's so it's 4 times the work! The best part is...I have to drive 2 hours to shoot out to 300 yards and be back to work by 9am so I can pay the bills and support Obama with more taxes! I have had double holes at 200 all day long, with several loads I am working on. I will post more on Thursday when I get to shoot all day since I took the day off.

Comment

Well done. I look forward to seeing your recipe.

Comment

• Lead Chucker

All I can say is WOW! That is great at 300yds! May have to give that a try.

Comment

Working...
                    X