Grendel finally finished!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grendel finally finished!

Here is my 6.5 Grendel I received over the weekend. Had it on order in early December and all the parts finally got in and they got it finished. I'll list some of the details when I get a little more time to write it all out. It came out about as well as I had imagined.

Still haven't decided what glass to keep on top of it.

Thanks

Very nice. How does it shoot?

Comment

That's a good looking rifle. I like the bronze receiver.

Comment

The first 5 shot group with 123 grain Nosler CC with 30 grains of 8208 went just under 3/4". Shot some 100 grain Nosler BT that went right at 0.5 in at 100 yards. I think once it gets broke in, I get used to the gun and trigger and we actually work up some loads it will be a fantastic shooter.

I had the wife come out and shoot it and she loved it, so much I had to pry her off the bench. She shot one group just over 0.6 in herself.

Comment

• Tedward
          Banned
          • Feb 2013

Nice set up and also like the color!! What upper and lower is that? Looks like a left handed Side Charger and the top rail is different.

Comment

• outlaw45
            Warrior
            • Sep 2012

What muzzle brake do you have?

Comment

The upper and lower are from SI Defense and are billet. It has a Les Baer Bolt, a Shilen Barrel 1:8 twist 22.5 in 4 groove ratchet barrel, JP 15.5" handguard, Geisselle two-stage trigger, HAHN Scout Rail, Holland Brake, it has a SI Defense Nickel Boron BCG, Harris Bipod. The barrel, brake, upper and lower are cerakoted in burnt bronze.

The side charge handle was custom from the shop as an added option. This seems to be a pretty slick add on. As of now it has a Leupold VX-III 8.5-25x 50 scope with Warne Ultra High Rings.

Comment

• wilecoyote
                Warrior
                • Jul 2013

Nice rifle, very nice indeed.

Comment

• RedHawk357Mag

Nicely done! Does the buttstock work pretty well for ya?

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys.

I do like the stock. Since my wife likes to shoot it we can adjust it for her as well. Helps get everyone comfortable when they shoot.

Comment

• sneaky one
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

6.5, Very nice setup. Nice to hear of getting the wife out shooting.

That's a huge untapped market, and many companies are finally noticing the needs for the gals- to enjoy the hunting, shooting sports-along side the guys.

We're all in this together...

Comment

Working...
                      X