1st Grendel

Aero Precision Upper and Lower
    Lilja 319
    NiB Carrier w/ Precision Firearms bolt
    Seekins SP3RV3
    UBR Stock
    IOR 4-14x50mm
    Crummy cell phone pic

I'm getting 0.5" groups @ 100yds off the bipod in spite of my lack of shooting ability. I'm pretty impressed with this cartridge.
    grendel.jpg
    Last edited by tplace; 12-16-2014, 09:40 AM.
  • albireo
    Unwashed
    • Oct 2013

Looks good! I see you got the thread protector from them also. I have a Lilja 319 on one of my builds too. They are Awesome barrels!

Comment

• achristian8
      Warrior
      • Jun 2014

Looks awesome. I love the stainless finish on those barrels.
      Adam

Comment

• tplace
        Bloodstained
        • Aug 2014

Thanks! I am getting a Vltor flash suppressor for Christmas so the thread protector goes in a drawer. I'm really impressed with the barrel, it shoots way better than I can, the cartridge jazzes me too!

Originally posted by albireo View Post
        Looks good! I see you got the thread protector from them also. I have a Lilja 319 on one of my builds too. They are Awesome barrels!

Comment

• albireo
          Unwashed
          • Oct 2013

The Vltor should round your build off nicely. What are you using for ammo? I am getting just under .5 to under 1 moa consistently with 123gr Lapua Scenars and 28gr of IMR 8208 xbr.

Comment

• tplace
            Bloodstained
            • Aug 2014

Originally posted by albireo View Post
            The Vltor should round your build off nicely. What are you using for ammo? I am getting just under .5 to under 1 moa consistently with 123gr Lapua Scenars and 28gr of IMR 8208 xbr.
            I haven't pulled the dies out of the wrapper yet but I did buy a lb of 8208 to try; I went through 3 boxes of Hornady 123 A-Max's and about 1/2 box of Precision Firearms 108gr Lapua Scenars with Mark’s secret sauce. I can’t tell if one is better than the other because, quite frankly, the rifle just shoots better than I do. I’ve gotten right at .5” with both loads.

This is the best shooting rifle/cartridge combination I have ever used, it’s new territory for me but I like it!
            Last edited by tplace; 12-16-2014, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X