GUN ROOM - pics, ideas, designs, layout, etc!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lead chucker
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

65 that's not a garage its a work shop! Very nice

Comment

• 65Whelen
      Warrior
      • Sep 2014

Thanks guys, I do love my garage, lucky to have it.

AM, funny you mention the pivot detent pin, I lost one just last month. That little sucker took off, even with the orange floor never did find it.

And Montana, yes it's a small milling/drilling machine nothing fancy but it's great for drilling&tapping and some light milling jobs.
      Last edited by 65Whelen; 01-11-2015, 03:43 AM.

Comment

• sneaky one
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Spectra- whatever works is fine. Thanks for sharing- I'm in similar spot until I get indoors. I have same wood top for a bench. I have same white cabs also up above. Menards units- homer D.

Now 65 Wh. - he has a nice nice setup. I had coldies with this guy 2 yrs. ago- I'll have to get together again with him , & draw a plan up for me - using his thots mainly.

He has HEAT. I have the 3 seasons- no heat. Last house had a garage heater from the sun.
        My wife trys to keep me on a budget++== Put more into your 401K !!
        Nice setup 65Wh. This is good info for us all to improvise with what you have, then plan for the next build.

Spectra- help the wife out more, maybe she'll let you in the house! Good fun here.

Comment

• FW Conch
          Warrior
          • Nov 2014

:-)) listen to your wife on that 401k thing! It's like free money, and buys a lot of shooting stuff when you get to the point in life when you can put more time into it! Ask me how I know:-))

Comment

• Klem
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2013

Well boys and girls, I thought I'd bring you back down to earth with the re-loading room on an Oompa Loompa submarine...

At least you don't have to get up from the seat, just swivel around and everything is at arms reach.

The work-horse with the two presses has folding legs as I do a fair bit of re-loading at the range. I leave the progressive on the left hand side at home when that happens and use a lithium battery pack for the Chargemaster.

Now, back to drooling over your Charlton Heston man-caves.

Comment

• Roe
              Warrior
              • Dec 2014

Slim bench built for working standing up. Has workspace for the essential tasks

Built from scrap materials and basic tools. A stainless steel top from the local tinsmith for ease of cleaning. Some details

Comment

• 65Whelen
                Warrior
                • Sep 2014

Roe,
                I like your bench especially the SS top, nice touch. Put a flat screen on the wall and your good to go.

Comment

• sneaky one
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

Roe, I agree with 65 Wh- on all points. I like the less outward extrusion of the thin wall. Nice dude! The SS top is killer. I want to replicate that idea in my Future basement reloading spot.

Thanks for your pics , ideas!

Comment

• sneaky one
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

Last edited by sneaky one; 01-13-2015, 01:46 AM.

Comment

• Roe
                      Warrior
                      • Dec 2014

Originally posted by 65Whelen View Post
                      Put a flat screen on the wall and your good to go.
                      A flat screen as in entertainment? No thanks, I spend too much time in front of a computer and I am getting farsighted with age - would be uncomfortable having a screen that close.

Here you can see the layout of my complete room, basically just room to stand and work. Everything has a "planned" placement to be at a sensible spot for the workflow.

The powder dispenser is put on a metal shelf (non flammable) and I drilled a drainhole so I could easily brush away spilled powder.

Since I have kids soon in the "more-curiousity-than-brains" age segment, I added this barriere

Comment

• 65Whelen
                        Warrior
                        • Sep 2014

Roe,
                        I like your set-up, nicely done. Before I built my shop I had set-up in an extra bedroom(my wife is very understanding), I also had to put a lock on the door. They're good kids but your right sometime curiosity can get the best of them.

Comment

• wheelguner
                          Warrior
                          • Oct 2011

Roe,
                          That entry lock handle is super! My mother tried to instill the idea in me that it is impolite to ask someone how much something costs but I gotta know what brand that is and the price range. She tried to talk me out of joining the Marines too. Mothers aren't ALWAYS right....just mostly. Really good use of space.

Comment

• Roe
                            Warrior
                            • Dec 2014

It is called TrioVing Codehandle door 8810 and it was around USD 300. I am sure there is many variations to this product type.

It is really easy to use, but this version is indoor access control only - no anti-burglar. Without the code the handle simply doesn't engage the door.

Yale doorman and similar is more secure, but at least here, the price pops up to USD 500'ish.

Edit: I see it is marketed under Lockwood name elsewhere

Or you can get the very same lock under Assa Abloy name for 1/2 price here http://www.duelsecurityandhardware.c...02-code-handle

Hmmm, and with that google-fu lead I see that Home Depot have electronic lock solutions down towards $70 that will do the same job...

Damned impulse shopping!!!
                            Last edited by Roe; 01-15-2015, 08:48 AM.

Comment

• wheelguner
                              Warrior
                              • Oct 2011

Roe,
                              Thanks for the reply and the excellant leads/links.
                              I feel your pain! There are a few things I have learned that apply to life and my many hobbies.

1. Some of the rules apply some of the time.
                              2. A lot of the rules apply most of the time.
                              3. Your worst mistakes ALWAYS happen in front of at least one of your friends.
                              4. None of the rules apply all of the time except this one.....you will always find it cheaper after you have bought it.
                              5. Murphy is an optimist!

Comment

• sneaky one
                                Chieftain
                                • Mar 2011

Nice work guys. Roe, you simplified this to an Unreal level. WOW.!

I still need the lower cab space, and the work top spots --- the countertop- maybe a laminated woody work surface--- with a 24"- 48 " spot of stainless steel= SS.

This thread has been awesome for a many of us !

Comment

Working...
                                X