• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mwilkins
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2014

They are coming together

Took some better pics of the toys the other day. Still missing the Grendel in the mix but got word today that the re thread on the barrel is complete and should have it back in my hands this week. Will update the thread once it is a complete build again. All pics are of suppressed builds only. First is a custom build on a .223 that just received a new Viper PST FFP 6x24 with Seekins rings. Second is a .338 build with the new additions of the Atlas bipod, Badger IMUNS mount and rail kit from Victor Company. Third pic is of the group of completed builds. Included in that pic is the girlfriends AR 15-22 that just got put together. It got a new suppressor, Nikon scope, rings and bipod. That little thing is a shooter and very quiet. All of the additions in one weekend. Made for a fun range day getting everything sighted in and tested.

Edit: added pic of Grendel before tear down for barrel re thread to accept new suppressor

Last edited by mwilkins; 03-30-2015, 06:55 PM.
  • Buster
    Warrior
    • Mar 2012

VERY NICE looking sticks!

Comment

• lead chucker
      Warrior
      • Sep 2014

Awesome! How do y'all like the spectre 2 can?

Comment

• mwilkins
        Bloodstained
        • Dec 2014

Originally posted by lead chucker View Post
        Awesome! How do y'all like the spectre 2 can?
        It is very impressive for what it is. Shooting standard velocity rounds it is quiet enough to shoot indoors or in a backyard without worry of bothering neighbors. No louder than a pellet gun. With high velocity rounds, not much louder but can definitely tell a gun is being fired. Breaks down quickly and very easy to clean. Anyone who owns a 22lr should have one of these. Just too much fun IMO.

Comment

• lead chucker
          Warrior
          • Sep 2014

Great, thanks. I'm looking at one or a sparrow SS. Both seem to be great cans.

Comment

• mwilkins
            Bloodstained
            • Dec 2014

If I had to choose, get the Spectre. One of my employees has the Sparrow and we have done side by side comparisons. The Sparrow has a definite first round pop and the Spectre does not. Suppression is better on the Spectre and cleaning is easier as well. Unless you are just looking to get the smaller of the two, that is the only reason I could justify purchasing the Sparrow.
            Last edited by mwilkins; 03-30-2015, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• lead chucker
              Warrior
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by mwilkins View Post
              If I had to choose, get the Spectre. One of my employees has the Sparrow and we have done side by side comparisons. The Sparrow has a definite first round pop and the Spectre does not. Suppression is better on the Spectre and cleaning is easier as well. Unless you are just looking to get the smaller of the two, that is the only reason I could justify purchasing the Sparrow.
              Great thanks guys! Love the 338!

Comment

• mwilkins
                Bloodstained
                • Dec 2014

Grendel is back together and ready to go. Something may get Grendelized tomorrow if I get the chance.

Last edited by mwilkins; 04-04-2015, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X