• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bj139
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2017

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
    bj139 I can see your photo using my iPad.
    Thanks. That's good to know. I always just assumed someone would say if they could not see it.

Comment

• Wargrendeleagle
      Warrior
      • Sep 2018

Yeah I saw yours just fine. But alot of folks I just see the paperclips and says attached thumbnails. BluntForceTrauma is one I can never see pictures of. Sometimes I really want to see the pictures too! For instance further up I cannot see GjGary's pic but I can see bj139 and JJA Guns. I'm very curious

Comment

• bj139
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2017

WGE, What device are you using to view this site?

Comment

• Wargrendeleagle
          Warrior
          • Sep 2018

Using Android, on a OnePlus 6 with chrome as the browser

Comment

• Wargrendeleagle
            Warrior
            • Sep 2018

Well it works if I view it as desktop site. But it then makes harder to read without zooming in. I'll download another browser and try that

Comment

• kmon
              Chieftain
              • Feb 2015

Anothrr way from your phone to downsize the pic that will work is to do s screen shot then post the screen shot. Works from Andriod and some I-Phones while other I-phones save the file in an un reconized format.

Most of the pics I post here I also post on another foum and jsut link that Pic URL location to the post here, works like a champ and that site has a pic resizer built in.

For pics I do on the phone If I plan on posting I will drop the image size to 4MP which makes them small enough to post

Comment

• STXjake
                Bloodstained
                • Dec 2018

Comment

• VASCAR2
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

I think the best way is to use a web hosting site. I’m currently using Flickr which is free. Several members use Imgur and other web hosting sites.

With Flickr I upload my photo to the Flickr site then paste the BBC code in my narrative on this forum. BBC code is a hot/direct link to photo on Flickr and photo appears at selected size in narrative. Google photos don’t have the hot link but you can put a link where you can click to get directed to your photo.

Here is a thread that gives information and screen shots on how the Flickr site looks when uploading pictures. Flickr has an app but you really need to let it upload all your pictures off your device. By using the website I control what pictures go on my Flickr account.

Speaking for myself, I can manage attachments, resize the desired photo, and attach them as the paperclipped mini pics as listed in BFT's sticky. However, I see posts all the time with these grand, large format pics covering the entire message window without having to click on the actual picture to enlarge them, and they still
                  Last edited by VASCAR2; 01-17-2019, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• STXjake
                    Bloodstained
                    • Dec 2018

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
                    I think the best way is to use a web hosting site. I’m currently using Flickr which is free. Several members use Imgur and other web hosting sites.

With Flickr I upload my photo to the Flickr site then paste the BBC code in my narrative on this forum. BBC code is a hot/direct link to photo on Flickr and photo appears at selected size in narrative. Google photos don’t have the hot link but you can put a link where you can click to get directed to your photo.

Here is a thread that gives information and screen shots on how the Flickr site looks when uploading pictures. Flickr has an app but you really need to let it upload all your pictures off your device. By using the website I control what pictures go on my Flickr account.

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...-guys-doing-it
                    worked great. thanks!

Comment

• CJW
                      Chieftain
                      • Jun 2019

Test

Comment

• CS Vrdad
                        Unwashed
                        • Oct 2019

Could you help explain why I see often see an icon of a paper clip and "attached thumbnails" instead of actually seeing the photos?

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                          Administrator
                          • Feb 2011

CSV, do you see this in a post that is supposed to be showing a photo, or where?
                          :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Lemonaid
                            Warrior
                            • Feb 2019

Originally posted by CS Vrdad View Post
                            Could you help explain why I see often see an icon of a paper clip and "attached thumbnails" instead of actually seeing the photos?
                            If you are not logged in, that's what you see.
                            Membership has it's privileges!

Comment

• CS Vrdad
                              Unwashed
                              • Oct 2019

Yes, it is supposed to show a photo. Oddly enough I've even got that in the first message in a post but later replies had photos that were visible.

Comment

Working...
                              X