• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stanc
    Banned
    • Apr 2011

Grendelizing the AK

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma
    Somebody want to start a thread on what their dream "AK65" might look like?

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...l=1#post114392
    Okay, John. I'd like something along the line of this:

AK65
    Last edited by stanc; 07-18-2015, 03:48 PM.
  • Variable
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Variable View Post
    Bill's pic looks like a Vepr (Molot [http://www.molot-usa.com/vepr.php). I guess we'll need some particulars though to figure out how we could pimp them.

I would prefer a right side folding stock (Zhukov I guess), and I would rather have an ambi safety, but it isn't a deal breaker.

They probably have 1.5mm receivers (good). Hopefully they're using their chrome lined hammer forged barrels too.

Holding out for more pics!!!

ETA: Hopefully my link works. For some reason the board causes Safari to crash now when you hit a post link button (links or pics).

Here is a Vepr 12 with side folder and ambi safety. Something like this with right side folding instead of left perhaps.

I seem to recall some being sold with the stock tack welded open, but you could break the weld (registered SBS) after you did your paperwork.
    Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
    We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• am4966
      Chieftain
      • Jul 2014

Hmm so many options, I might prefer to get a plan ak65 since I have a good friend who's a Smith and does AK builds. He built 6.8 for a customer before with 18" barrel. Might be cheaper than Krebs

I like Johns pic, but I think I want a side folder with a Geissele triggers depending on the stock one.
      12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
      Surge - Rugged Suppressor
      Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• biodsl
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2011

AK65

Damn....
        Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• GSPHunter
          Warrior
          • Jun 2014

Originally posted by biodsl View Post
          AK65

Damn....
          Indeed :-) A buddy of mine has a 20" Vepr in 7.62x39 that I like alot. It's a pretty solid 2MOA rifle with decent ammunition. The only two things that are pretty annoying on it are the trigger, and no receiver rail.

Comment

Working...
          X