First Annual "Eugene Stoner memorial Grendel shoot" in North Texas???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grendel-Gene

First Annual "Eugene Stoner memorial Grendel shoot" in North Texas???

As some of you may know, Eugene Stoner, inventor of the AR 15 would have celebrated his birthday on November 22nd ( it also happens to be mine - ha ha ).

I notice that there are quite a few folks on the board living close to the Dallas / Fort Worth area.

So how about some of us get together one of these Sundays and do a little Grendel plincking?

I have 15 acres with a range that is useful up to 200 meters and i am just an hour west of Fort Worth, but if you guys have a better place to meet, I am game too. Its just about having fun and making new friends.

I am open to suggestions, dates and locations.

Thanks,

Gene
    Last edited by Guest; 11-15-2011, 02:14 AM.
  • Grendel-Gene

mail sent to all the local texans I can find...

Comment

Weatherford isn't too far from you. I'd be interested.

Robert

Comment

Me too. Im in Denton.

Comment

• txgunner00
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Don't know if I can make it but always interested in shooting.
          NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• Grendel-Gene

Well, SUNDAYS are the best day for me... How do you guys feel about doing it on a Sunday? If we agree, then we just have to pick THE Sunday... but i am also free on Mondays... and i am off the entire week of Thanksgiving too.

By the way, we DONT have to do it at my place; I am just offering mine because its FREE and there are no FMJ ammo restrictions or other nonesense like at the public ranges... But we can all decide where and i can go anywhere to make new friends and enjoy Grendels.

Gene
            Last edited by Guest; 11-19-2011, 06:50 PM.

Comment

1st sunday in Dec is good for me. Gene's place seems perfect.
              We could show up at 10, shoot some, have lunch then shoot more.
              Or show up after 12. Im free all day so whatever we decide on is fine with me.

Comment

• Grendel-Gene

Ok. Looks like some of us have settled on the first Sunday in December. Now all we need to do is settle on a time. Those who RSVP will get directions to my place. By the way, i have a decent sized pond that i love to shoot at sticks in... that's a lot of fun too.

I am set up to where three or four can maybe shoot at once: One prone on top of a 15 foot tower.... one inside the tower (on the lower level where there is a bench rest table) or PRONE on the lower level (under that table). and then then there are two more bench rest tables, one inside of a deer blind actually. I have target stands at 25, 50, 100, 150, and 200 meters. I also have backstops that have not been developed into proper target stands at 250 and 300 meters. Also, a diagonal shot across my property onto a large 2 x 3 foot one inch thick metal plate is also possible but not normally available unless you are very certain to hit it ( since a miss will go onto my neighbors land and i avoid doing that to them ). That's a 386 meter shot...

I will submit some pictures of my range so you can get an idea. Mind you, this is a homemade setup, nothing fancy. Also, it should be noted that i am counting on the attendees to behave responsibly and i assume no liability if you do something stupid to hurt yourself or someone else.

Anyway, let me know who is coming, lets set a time, and lets do it. Everyone bring whatever you will eat or drink, i do have restrooms ( even though my house is partially still under construction).

Gene

Comment

• Grendel-Gene

just to give you guys an idea of what my humble setup looks like, here is my daughter, an ex marine, shooting from atop my shooting tower ( about 14 feet up in the air ). downrange you see the targets at 25, 50, 100, 150 and so forth meters...

Comment

• Grendel-Gene

This is the view of the 25 meter targets standing just in front of the shooting tower....

Comment

• Grendel-Gene

Here is the top of the shooting tower, however i have since installed a camo netting roof so its shaded in the summer. These pics are of last November....

Comment

ahem, "retired" Marine
                        looks perfect. I wish i could have a set-up like that in my backyard.

Comment

• Grendel-Gene

I told you i had a pond in which i often shoot at sticks and stuff....

The fat guy is me!!! ha ha

Comment

• Grendel-Gene

Originally posted by YutYut View Post
                            ahem, "retired" Marine
                            Yes of course!!! how could i have said such a thing!! I stand corrected!!!!
                            Last edited by Guest; 11-24-2011, 01:43 AM.

Comment

That is nice, daddy. How do you get to the top of the tower? Can you run up to it...climb stairs...stress fire for action-shooting stage? Wish I could come down, but I'm busy with school and new baby.

Comment

Working...
                              X