WAHOOO! range pic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAHOOO! range pic!

I had a chance to shoot out to 700 with some factory 123 amax's today. conditions were 10 mph wind, 57 degrees and 60% humidity. I dialed in 19.5 MOA and 2 MOA for the wind. It wasnt a consistant wind. This is the group i got at 700.

I maybe measuring wrong but even still to the outsides of where the paint was chipped off its 2.33.

24" AA barrel. viper 6-20 on a 20 moa mount. I cant beat that or even believe that i did this.

That is amazing vertical dispersion, as well as horizontal with the wind. How many hits/misses? That is better than my 130gr VLD load in my .260 Rem, with a Bartlein barrel. You have an exceptional rifle if there are only hits in that group sir, and it was indeed 700yds, not 700 feet!

Comment

O i had plenty of misses that day, but for one five string shot everything went perfect. The range is in an old silica quary so the winds swirl pretty bad. One shot i could be a foot right then the next miss just left. I like to practice there because it gives me a chance to try and read the wind.

the group was pure luck, im not going to lie about it.

Comment

Working...
      X