Clear All
  • ty_hooper12
    Warrior
    • Oct 2017

Looking for a course

• StoneHendge
    Chieftain
    • May 2016

Yup - just do it. I can't say enough about the PR courses at Blue Steel Ranch http://bluesteelranch.us/ The lead instructor Brian absolutely rocks (he was a Special Forces sniper then Special Forces sniper instructor) and when I was down there in April for Carbine Marksman, John Paul was committed to attend all courses for the year. The only downside is that its like meeting Heisenberg. And once you've met Heisenberg, not a lot of other product will do
    Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• grayfox
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2017

There are a couple in OK... maybe near to you.

Badlands Tactical, Grandfield OK.
      Fouled Bore Precision, Ninnekah, OK.
      Conway Lead distributors.
      "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
        Yup - just do it. I can't say enough about the PR courses at Blue Steel Ranch http://bluesteelranch.us/ The lead instructor Brian absolutely rocks (he was a Special Forces sniper then Special Forces sniper instructor) and when I was down there in April for Carbine Marksman, John Paul was committed to attend all courses for the year. The only downside is that its like meeting Heisenberg. And once you've met Heisenberg, not a lot of other product will do
        I can vouch for that facility, its owner (JP), and the instructor quality.

Blue Steel Ranch is an awesome facility for training, with days of training opportunities with different cliff areas overlooking real terrain and more steel targets than you can shoot in a week.

They have a "classroom" range right near the billeting that you can literally spit and hit it.
        NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• kmon
          Chieftain
          • Feb 2015

This one is close to Greenville Texas near Wolf City Texas. Jason is a Fireman that got into long range shooting to hit coyotes as far out as he can. His range is 800 yards but with him you get one on one training from basics to much more. I know several people he has had out that their first day he had them ringing 2 MOA steel out to his range limit of 800 yards with dope for your rifle and load. If you want to he has a rental 7mm-08 for class use or just take your Grendel as he is very familiar with it. The material covered can be starting very basic or more advanced as it is tailored to the student with firing positions prone/bench plus various field positions as found while hunting

If needed he will teach you how to reload as well.

Precision and Long Range Rifle Training Body position behind the rifle, prone or bench. Proper sight alignment. Proper trigger control. Mil or […]
          Last edited by kmon; 06-08-2018, 02:25 AM.

Comment

• 308shortandgrendeldad
            Unwashed
            • Jun 2018

Can only suggest my local range. Been a member for 5 years. Peacemaker national training center (WV) If you are willing to travel or have plans to travel to DC area check us out. cya

Comment

• Kswhitetails
              Chieftain
              • Oct 2016

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
              There are a couple in OK... maybe near to you.

Badlands Tactical, Grandfield OK.
              Fouled Bore Precision, Ninnekah, OK.
              Conway Lead distributors.
              FBP is where Impact Precision actions are made. >;D

CLD is my local range, and the company that handles their training is Match Grade Precision, taught by some really amazing people. I just took their PRS prep class with Jim See out of Iowa. I can't tell you how much good of an investment this is for your ability, knowledge, and confidence. I am going back for more "expensive" training next spring. The class I took was 375 bucks, and I don't feel cheated. I can't wait to go to another match with new glass, and parley with the squad. Soon, very soon.
              Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• greaseywater
                Unwashed
                • Jun 2018

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
                The website changed since this posting. It is now http://www.bluesteelranch.co

It looks like a good course to me. Within driving distance too. Now I just need to ask real nice....

Comment

Working...
                X