• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JAbbott85
    Unwashed
    • Sep 2018

Hardened Arms vs Grendel Hunter

I know this has been asked on here 100000000x but I am not happy with my 5.56 so swapping out my upper. Ive looked at Hardened Arms as well as Grendel Hunter. Really wanting to know the good,bad and ugly of each. My plans for this gun will be more for longer range target shooting, however I will be using it on some upcoming trips to texas for hogs. Not a lot of info on either as Ive searched the web and found very little videos or write ups. Any help would be great. Thanks.
  • mdewitt71
    Warrior
    • Dec 2016

I have built off two Hardened Arms .223 uppers and also a 6.5G GrendelHunter upper.....
    Neither is junk IMO but, if I had to choose one, it would be the GrendelHunter has better hand guard, muzzle brake, and barrel options to me. I hate quad rails and to get away from them at HA, you need to spend more money.
    Hardened Arms stuff just seems a lil cheaper looking to me.
    HA uses their own in house barrels and GH uses Satern barrels (which I have had good luck with many times.
    ― George Orwell

Comment

• JAbbott85
      Unwashed
      • Sep 2018

Originally posted by mdewitt71 View Post
      I have built off two Hardened Arms .223 uppers and also a 6.5G GrendelHunter upper.....
      Neither is junk IMO but, if I had to choose one, it would be the GrendelHunter has better hand guard, muzzle brake, and barrel options to me. I hate quad rails and to get away from them at HA, you need to spend more money.
      Hardened Arms stuff just seems a lil cheaper looking to me.
      HA uses their own in house barrels and GH uses Satern barrels (which I have had good luck with many times.
      Thank you. Im new to Grendel all together. Was offered a pig hunt in Texas and love target shooting. I spoke with Andy on the phone and he was a lot of help but wanted to get some more insight on both companies as they have both answered all my questions. Which barrel length did you go with?

Comment

• grayfox
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2017

JA, I posted some ideas for you in your other thread...
        "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• JAbbott85
          Unwashed
          • Sep 2018

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
          JA, I posted some ideas for you in your other thread...
          Thank you.

Comment

• mdram
            Warrior
            • Sep 2016

i will say harden has great customer service

they shipped me the wrong barrel profile (website issue)

correct one was cross shipped nest day.
            just some targets for printing
            https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xQ?usp=sharing

Comment

Working...
            X