• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FW Conch
    Warrior
    • Nov 2014

Florida 600yd IBS Championship

I will be attending this event this weekend at the Manatee Gun & Archery Club. Not as a competitor. I'll be hooking up with My BIL, who "is" a serious competitor. I may get a chance to shoot 600yds and pick up some good advice. At least I'll see what goes on at one of these things.
  • Bigs28
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2016

Awesome, hope you have fun. I wish they didn't lose their 1k range

Comment

• FW Conch
      Warrior
      • Nov 2014

Thanks Big...I did have fun. Met a lot of great people. My BIL scored 8th or better, in all categories, in a field of 30. Wind conditions were swirling and brutal. Disappointing for him because he didn't get any "fake wood". Bart Sauter (Bart's Bullits) took almost all of the fake wood. I think his small group was 1.135". Of course he is the current 600yd world record holder at .311", and 2018 IBS Long Range Shooter of the Year.

Friday, during practice, My BIL said "set down and shoot those last two rounds laying there". I scoped in on a mid size silhouette and put them center mass, about 3" apart. My first attempt at 600yds. I turned to the top shooter to our left and said "this is easy"! He paused and replied..."oookaay". I made a funny .

I took a 308 Savage build along, that just had a scope mounted, not sighted in. Saturday, I shot at 100, 200,& 300yds and got dialed in. After which I was hitting clay bird chips on the berm at will. Saturday after the match, I shot some more at 300. The last 5 shot group were all in the 10 ring, 3 of which were 1 hole, 1/2"off the x. This is a Jim Skinner (Apache) barrel that has not been shot much, but it shows great promise.

Sunday's session was rained/blown out :-((
      Last edited by FW Conch; 01-28-2019, 07:20 PM.

Comment

• rmrvtr
        Unwashed
        • Nov 2017

FW Conch,

Sounds like you had a great time getting on target at 600. Thanks for sharing.

rmrvtr

Comment

• brut28481
          Warrior
          • Mar 2016

I shoot the manatee precision PRS matches there, great range. Fun matches too shoot!

Comment

Working...
          X