• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Belt Fed
    Bloodstained
    • Feb 2019

First time shooting the Grendel

Wasn't the greatest accuracy, but they would be kill shots on a deer. Was using Federal Fusion ammo in both guns. I don't care for it. the points are different. some are flatter than others and some are messed up a little. That little white spot is the target at 150 yards. grendel has an 18 inch barrel and 224 a 20. I shot the Grendel and Valkyrie for first time. first three pics are the 6.5, next ones are the 224 and the last five shots..

• Belt Fed
    Bloodstained
    • Feb 2019

Comment

• GunsAreFun
      Bloodstained
      • Feb 2019

Nice looking rifles.

Is the table in the picture what you used to shoot? If so, that might explain some of the larger group sizes. Both ends of the rifle really need to be supported to gauge accuracy.

Comment

• Belt Fed
        Bloodstained
        • Feb 2019

Yeah, it was a little wobbly. those are 4 inch circles. both barrels could be shot more to break in. The fusion reminds me of Remington core lokts. they were always buggered up and some flat. I like a point that comes to a sharp end. I'm going to get another round to try in the Grendel, they just come out with a new round for the 224 also. I was kinda in a hurry to beat the rain coming, but it hasn't made it so far. I shoot the Winchester deer season XP's in the Creedmore. I hope they come out with one for these two eventually.

Comment

• GunsAreFun
          Bloodstained
          • Feb 2019

Comment

• Belt Fed
            Bloodstained
            • Feb 2019

This is my first experience with fusion, I shoot the deer season XP's in two of my 308's to hunt with. rest shoot FMJ stuff. the groups ain't just real bad for 150 yards. I have 60 more rounds each of it. may shoot them up and see if groups gets tighter. some days ya shoot better than others.

Comment

• gold51
              Unwashed
              • Mar 2019

Nice looking rifle , B.F. - OK groups for hunting and home protection, too.

Comment

• OpFor1
                Warrior
                • Jan 2019

Certainly isn't bad shooting in my opinion.
                Try going prone if you are able. More body support going prone than off most benches. See if you can get set well enough to watch your heartbeat and try to time the shots to the rhythm.
                The 90 Fusion is all we shoot out of the 224 anymore. That load kills hogs WAY above its pay grade. I have never had ANY round deliver so many one shot drops on hogs and I have killed thousands of them as a nuisance hunter for big ranches.
                Your rifles look great!

Comment

• Rosecrans1
                  Warrior
                  • Feb 2019

For not shooting off sandbags or a better support, those are actually very good groups.

Comment

• Popeye212
                    Chieftain
                    • Jan 2018

Considering what he was shooting off of looks pretty good to me. Nice

Comment

• BCHunter
                      Warrior
                      • Jan 2018

So the million dollar question which round do you like better so far? And why?

Comment

• Belt Fed
                        Bloodstained
                        • Feb 2019

I have not had a chance to shoot either one again, been busy and hurt my back a week ago. I do not reload so have to depend on factory ammo. I have had good luck last couple years hunting and with accuracy with Winchester deer season xp in AR10's in 6.5 creedmore and 308. Last year with the 6.5 I killed deer at 700 and 450 yards. plus a hog. The fusion is good enough for 200 yards i'm sure, don't know how it will do at 500 or better. I don't care for soft point flat tipped hunting ammo. I do plan on hunting with it regardless of what ammo I shoot. if I find something I like better I will sight it in for it. if not i'll stick with the fusion. There is more of a selection for the Grendel than the 224.

Comment

Working...
                        X