• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Labrat198
    Warrior
    • Nov 2018

Group Analyzing programs

Is OnTarget the go-to program for measuring groups? And is the upgrade to OnTarget TDS really worth an extra $20?

I also found Range Buddy from Reloader's Cloud that might be a decent one if you could do the measurements on a computer instead of your phone.
  • Greengo10
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2018

I use SubMOA and Ballistic-x on my iPhone. The Ballistic-X app is good for one group per photo while you can do multiple groups per photo on SubMOA. SubMOA takes a little time to figure out what’s what and might take. Bit to get used to (I found a YouTube video that helped a lot), while Ballistic-X walks you through each step every time.

Comment

• Popeye212
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2018

I use the OnTarget the phone apps aren't that great at least for me. I prefer the TDS on the PC.
      Last edited by Popeye212; 04-02-2019, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• Labrat198
        Warrior
        • Nov 2018

Originally posted by Popeye212 View Post
        I use the OnTarget the phone apps aren't that great at least for me. I prefer the TDS.
        I think I would drive myself up a wall trying to use my finger to make a measurement a 4 inch screen. SubMOA would probably be ok if I had an Ipad.

Comment

• BCHunter
          Warrior
          • Jan 2018

I have range buddy on my android, and on target on the lap top,...both are pretty similar,..range buddy let's you store rifle and load data, but doesn't have good instructions, I find myself relearning what I need to do when I use it.

Comment

• Popeye212
            Chieftain
            • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Labrat198 View Post
            I think I would drive myself up a wall trying to use my finger to make a measurement a 4 inch screen. SubMOA would probably be ok if I had an Ipad.
            I do it on my PC I don't use the phone apps for just that reason.

Comment

• Labrat198
              Warrior
              • Nov 2018

Originally posted by BCHunter View Post
              I have range buddy on my android, and on target on the lap top,...both are pretty similar,..range buddy let's you store rifle and load data, but doesn't have good instructions, I find myself relearning what I need to do when I use it.
              Have you used Range Buddy Pro's to sync to the reloaders cloud website? I have been playing around with it more and I think that might be the way I want to go if I can take all my pictures at the range and do all my analyzing when I get back home.

Comment

• imaguy3
                Warrior
                • Mar 2018

I've been using range buddy on my phone without issue for a few years now.

Comment

• lazyengineer
                  Chieftain
                  • Feb 2019

On Target makes you rebuy it for each device. I've bought it twice, upgraded equipment, and don't feel like buying it again.

I've found Range Buddy takes a little learning curve, but once you figure it out, it's faster and easier than On Target.
                  4x P100

Comment

• Schrambo
                    Warrior
                    • Oct 2016

I use OnTarget on my PC when I get home... Also, I've updagraded my equipment twice since I bought it, and just shoot them an email for a new unlock key... No problem so far...

Comment

• Labrat198
                      Warrior
                      • Nov 2018

Good to know. I have been using the Reloaders Cloud, who makes Range Buddy. While it's working well and free, moving the picture around to line up the bullet holes is weird to me. I was happy to see I could use it on my computer as the phone screen is too small, but even on my computer it leaves something to be desired for me.

Comment

Working...
                      X