1270 yards 123g eld-m handloads 15 mph winds Success!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mel
    Chieftain
    • Nov 2019

1270 yards 123g eld-m handloads 15 mph winds Success!!!!!!!

More vids to come
    First 5 rounds here
  • mel
    Chieftain
    • Nov 2019

ok now that im home , i basically rushed all the shots just over a year ago i broke my left shoulder in 5 places sometimes when shooting prone witht he wieght on my shoulder it makes me a bit shakey , u can see the shake get worse as the video goes , thats why on the last shot i go way off target for a bit to get the wieght off my shoulder

i shoulda uploaded the other 2 vids from the farm since my internet there is 100x faster then at home one of them is another 3 out of 5 hit vid witht he eld-m's and just for the hell of it i put 10 rounds down range of the midsouth monster match bullets to compare in the last vid the mm bullets are all over the place as u will see

Comment

• mel
      Chieftain
      • Nov 2019

part 2 , which actually this was the first 5 shots

next step is 1350y
      Last edited by mel; 04-06-2020, 04:09 AM.

Comment

• biodsl
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2011

Nice, Mel. What elevation are you at? 1270 yards is stretching it!
        Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• mel
          Chieftain
          • Nov 2019

Originally posted by biodsl View Post
          Nice, Mel. What elevation are you at? 1270 yards is stretching it!
          thank you
          5,970 feet above sea level , im not done yet i know i can take it out further specially if i can catch a break on theese high winds i may however switch from an 18inch gong to a 22/24 inch one gota see what i have for materials laying around
          Last edited by mel; 04-06-2020, 05:16 AM.

Comment

• A.D.D. AR
            Warrior
            • Oct 2014

Mel- You are a beast, sir! seriously nice shooting. I was shooting at 1300 yds the other day with a 6.5 SAUM, but with a Grendel, that is doing something! (of course I'm only at 1800 ft elevation).
            Always look forward to your posts, you have a great place to shoot, I'm jealous.
            Thanks for posting all your results, it helps us all.
            -mike

Comment

• mel
              Chieftain
              • Nov 2019

ty
              im unfortunatly out of 123g eld-m's only 123g bullets i have left are midsouth monster match bullets which will be a hail mary even at 1000y so im either going to order some eld-ms which i know are perfect out of my rifle or i may try 130g rdf's . i dont think i can get those 140 match bthp bullets moving fast enough for this range out of the grendel
              when i build my 28inch barreled grendel things could get interesting

if im lucky my local gun shop will have a box of the eld-m's last time i looked though i think they only had the sst's

local gun shop only had sst's but they did order me 123g eld-m's have them end of week or monday

im going to do some testing with 140 eld-m tomorow while i wait
              Last edited by mel; 04-09-2020, 01:06 AM.

Comment

• mel
                Chieftain
                • Nov 2019

midsouth has a-tip sample packs i may be tempted to buy 1-2 packs for testing

Comment

Working...
                X