• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lemonaid
    Warrior
    • Feb 2019

Airgun Corona Times Competition

Many may be in a like situation, range shut down and no options to shoot firearms. I retrieved my old airgun from the safe and had a very fun time. If you have a airgun, and a place to shoot try to beat my score.
    Distance = 33 feet. Five rounds each on two targets for a possible score of 100 (10 x)
    I would very much enjoy seeing how you do, include a pic of your target and list airgun used, projectile, scope or type of site, group size and score.

Target is found here: https://www.airgunsmith.com/target/brg.htm

I'm sure someone can beat my score of 95 (5x) !
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Lemonaid; 04-17-2020, 02:11 PM.
  • joedirt199
    Warrior
    • Jul 2015

What were you shooting and what positions? Just did a little practice with my 4 y/o shooting balloons filled with flour in the back yard. When the balloons were gone he went to the little spinner target. Used an over built 1377 carbine with reddot sight. The hollow stock allows him to put his arm through the stock to defeat the longer reach to the trigger. I have a benjamin fortitude and a umarex gauntlet in .177 that are fun to shoot and my first steps in PCP airguns.

Comment

• Lemonaid
      Warrior
      • Feb 2019

Sorry for delayed reply. Airgun=Beeman R-10, Pellets = Beeman .177 Silver Bear Hollow point. Scope = old Beeman 3-9 at 5x power. Shooting off sandbags on a table in a sitting positon.

Comment

• imaguy3
        Warrior
        • Mar 2018

I'll print this off tomorrow and try to get it done friday if possible... Need to clean up the shooting lane (bedroom door, through living room, and into hallway)

Comment

• imaguy3
          Warrior
          • Mar 2018

well I tried... and got angry...

A couple years ago I got an RWS model 34 TO6 with hardwood stock, on top is a Hammers 3-9x40 AO. Back when I got it I found it liked Crosman Premier Domed 10.5gr pellets. Then I put it in the closet for over a year and haven't touched it. Today I dusted it off and put a drop of silicone oil down in it and decided to give this a go. I figured the first few shots would be erratic as it settled back down so I proceeded to check it.

I aimed at the top center target. The first two shots were almost touching, slightly left, and right at my 2mil dot. I held over on 9 to the right of the bulls, on the 2 mil dot and nearly center punched that 9, just right of the 10ring. Feeling good I moved to the lower left target. My 1st two shots done pissed me off. I couldn't have done it more perfectly if I tried.

I kept shooting hoping it was a fluke... Unfortunately it grouped nicely but high, figured I was premature on thinking the gun had settled back down I adjusted my hold and shot the right target. It was consistent with the group so I decided now was a good time to start over.

First shot center punched it... felt great and thought I was going to have a nice showing... yep gun decided to tell me to piss off and every subsequent shot was higher than the last. I quit

Comment

• Lemonaid
            Warrior
            • Feb 2019

Imaguy3 thanks for posting your results! I'm thinking you stopped a bit early, before the gun had settled down to more consistency. I did 5 shot groups about 4 times, adjusting the scope until I was close to the exact center of the target before shooting for score.
            Your air rifle has a very good reputation from the short check I did. https://airgunmaniac.com/diana-rws-3...rigger-review/
            One thing that caused me trouble in the past was the scope migrating to the rear. They came up with a scope stop that cured it. It wouldn't hurt to check for migration on your rig. In the link they gave results for different pellets that may be of use for tighter groups.
            Putting aside score results, was it fun?

Comment

• imaguy3
              Warrior
              • Mar 2018

Definitely not migrating, the rings have a stop pin. It's possible the gun hadn't settled down... maybe I'll play with it more over the week and try again another day. I was curious on your score you counted a bunch of "x"... what's the definition of the X in this match since I don't see an X ring.

Comment

• Lemonaid
                Warrior
                • Feb 2019

I'm counting any shot that breaks the 10 ring as an X, in case of tie scores.

Comment

Working...
                X