X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mel
    Chieftain
    • Nov 2019

ranging on the x sight 4k pro is limited to 1640y unless u know the tricks to make it do balistic calcs out further
    besdies that heres what u need to think about
    the 4k pro is primarily a hunting/nv scope it was never meant for lr stuff
    if ur not gtoing to do any nightime stuff i would get the athlon for the money

by the time u buy the scope and the lrf ur at about 1,000$ and that doesnt include the cost of upgrading the ir illuminator

while it works for lr stuff its not optimal by any means
    Last edited by mel; 05-29-2020, 12:00 AM.

Comment

• boombatz
      Unwashed
      • Apr 2020

Comment

• mel
        Chieftain
        • Nov 2019

though not as fast as say the balistics calculator built into the scope , u can do the same with any glass scope and one of the ballistics apps u can download on ur smartphone

atn does have the daytime only version but its only 100$ cheaper then the full featured version so not even worth it

the atn or any ballistics calc is only as good as the information u put into them , i jst happen to use the atn cause i have one already well i have 2 actually one of the older models and the 4k pro and i like the video recording , if it wasnt for the video recording id put my 5-25x56 glass back on my gun

Comment

• boombatz
          Unwashed
          • Apr 2020

Thanks Mel,

I ended up going with an Athlon Ares ETR 4.5-30x56, thanks again!

Comment

• Cockednlocked
            Bloodstained
            • Jun 2016

What is your load data for those really great shots? Did you run a ballistics chart based on load, weather, altitude, etc.? My loads (123 Lapua Scenar, 30.5 grains CFE-223, Hornady brass, WSR primer) start to go transonic around 1135 yards and are subsonic by 1300. My longest shots with hits have been at 1125 yards. My rifle is an AR-15 with 20" barrel. Your muzzle brake looks a lot like mine, what is yours?

I'd love to reach out past 1400, that's Creedmoor country

Comment

• mel
              Chieftain
              • Nov 2019

Originally posted by Cockednlocked View Post
              What is your load data for those really great shots? Did you run a ballistics chart based on load, weather, altitude, etc.? My loads (123 Lapua Scenar, 30.5 grains CFE-223, Hornady brass, WSR primer) start to go transonic around 1135 yards and are subsonic by 1300. My longest shots with hits have been at 1125 yards. My rifle is an AR-15 with 20" barrel. Your muzzle brake looks a lot like mine, what is yours?

I'd love to reach out past 1400, that's Creedmoor country
              28.7g of alliant power pro varmint is what i was running in hornaday brass with std cci small rifle primers loaded to 2.260 oal, my scope does the balistics calcs on the fly once i range my target, i do also dbl check the scopes data against strelok , the only feature i dont use in it is for windage . the brake is just a cheap 30cal 5/8-24 brake stainless i picked up from somewere it actually worked pretty damn good , its been replaced with a sdta tactical titan mini brake/qd supressor mount

theres another video at 15xxy and one at 1760y posted on here somewere
              Last edited by mel; 09-28-2020, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X