• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wethepeople
    Warrior
    • Jan 2020

Shooters Calculator

Anyone use Shooterscalculator.com? My tables won't open and am unable to open their site using Brave browser. Just gives me a 500 server error. Been the same issue for a few days. Can someone help me verify if the site is working?
    Using free version of Streloc as a sub but I have most of my tables for 20 different loads and 10 rifles using shooters on my phone.
    Thanks in advance.

WTP
  • Mesa1978
    Warrior
    • May 2015

I just tried using Chrome on a Chromebook on an open tab I had for a Creedmoor load and get the same error.

Comment

• Wethepeople
      Warrior
      • Jan 2020

Thanks Mesa1978. At least I now know it's not just on my end. Lesson learned, at the very least I should print hard copies of all my tables for inclusion in my log books.

Comment

• wheelguner
        Warrior
        • Oct 2011

FYI, at 1:25 EST I tried logging on and was successful using my Chrome Browser. You might want to try again.

Comment

• Mesa1978
          Warrior
          • May 2015

Main page will open, but the ballistic calculator still shows an error for me.

Comment

• Wethepeople
            Warrior
            • Jan 2020

Same here. Get the main page but calculators not working.

Comment

• Sinclair
              Warrior
              • Feb 2018

On another forum, they were talking about anything related to guns being censored or removed? The times that we are living in!!!
              "A Patriot must always be ready to defend his Country against his government"
              Edward Abbey

"Stay out of trouble, Never give up, Never give in, Watch you're six, Hold the line, Stay Frosty."
              Dr. Sabastian Gorka, Hungarian by birth, American Patriot by Beliefs.

Comment

• StoneHendge
                Chieftain
                • May 2016

Originally posted by Sinclair View Post
                On another forum, they were talking about anything related to guns being censored or removed? The times that we are living in!!!
                And if the SHTF, Google and Apple could easily disable any phone ballistics app........
                Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• grayfox
                  Chieftain
                  • Jan 2017

The KE and recoil energy links seem to be up (using MS Edge Win 10), but the 2 links on left of page don't.
                  When I opened the KE link a window popped up saying the site is undergoing a "massive overhaul"... FWIW.

Definitely get something that runs locally on your machine, like pointblank, or iStrelok (free or Pro),,,
                  I wouldn't be too reliant on web-based apps that have to link up with a server in these times...
                  "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• StoneHendge
                    Chieftain
                    • May 2016

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
                    The KE and recoil energy links seem to be up (using MS Edge Win 10), but the 2 links on left of page don't.
                    When I opened the KE link a window popped up saying the site is undergoing a "massive overhaul"... FWIW.

Definitely get something that runs locally on your machine, like pointblank, or iStrelok (free or Pro),,,
                    I wouldn't be too reliant on web-based apps that have to link up with a server in these times...
                    Or even a Kestrel that is a stand alone unit that isn't reliant upon a Big Tech operating system to function.
                    Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Mesa1978
                      Warrior
                      • May 2015

I went over to the Hornady site. https://www.hornady.com/team-hornady...alculators/#!/

Comment

• Wethepeople
                        Warrior
                        • Jan 2020

Ideally, I'd like to use the Applied Ballistics Point Mass Ballistic Solver on CD that came with Litz's book. My laptop crashed and probably lost the processor from running it too hot after I lost the cooling fan. Time for a new 'puter and a Kestrel.

Comment

• Mesa1978
                          Warrior
                          • May 2015

I think it's back.

Comment

• LR1955
                            Super Moderator
                            • Mar 2011

Guys:

Don't you guys know your elevations or holds to put a bullet into a 20 X 20 inch kill zone from your barrel to five hundred yards?

This stuff is not real hard to do.

LR55

Comment

• Klem
                              Chieftain
                              • Aug 2013

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
                              And if the SHTF, Google and Apple could easily disable any phone ballistics app........
                              Ballistics apps should work when you are out of range of phone coverage, mine does.

It would be a mischievous thing for Apple to send code to purchasers of their phones, to disable an app you have paid a third party for. It is likely they would be sued by not only the phone user but also the app owner.

WTP
                              Are you saying you have all your shooting data on someone else's server?

Comment

Working...
                              X