Clear All
  • Dt219
    Warrior
    • Nov 2020

Stock for shooting off rear bag

• myrifle
    Warrior
    • Nov 2015

I use magpul fixed carbine and magpul rifle stocks.

A good squeeze bag is what I run in the rear.

Comment

• biodsl
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2011

One of the weakness of the AR15 off a bag is the round handguard. I'd also be interested in hearing that the Horde has to say on this. As it is I almost always shot off a bipod.
      Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• myrifle
        Warrior
        • Nov 2015

Originally posted by biodsl View Post
        One of the weakness of the AR15 off a bag is the round handguard. I'd also be interested in hearing that the Horde has to say on this. As it is I almost always shot off a bipod.
        I prefer a nice soft bag on the front and before I do any shooting. I really lay in on the handguard and settle it down into the bag.

Comment

• Dt219
          Warrior
          • Nov 2020

I also started using a bipod but the aero handguard I use is slim and kinda flimsy so it still rolls. I can make my setup get sturdy but I really really have to work at it

Comment

• Klem
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2013

I use a level bubble built into the scope mount to manage tilt.

For load development I use a rest and save the bipod for normal shooting.

For serious load development you could go even further and modify your foreguard to accept a 3" wide steel plate. This 4.6lb plate weighs it down for jump, eliminates tilt, and rides a standard 3" Bench-rest. The AI stock is for a bolt gun but the plate would work the same for any rounded, narrow foreguard with Keymod, or any attachment standard you can adapt to.

In this shot the AI AX stock uses Keymod in the forward section, so two bolts in the narrower section of the keyholes holds it in place. Picked it up at a scrap steel seller and they cut the length for me on their band saw. Truth be known I should use it more often but usually just pull down the guard at the front with the offhand and pay careful attention to the bubble.
            1111 - Copy.jpg2222 - Copy.jpg

For the rear I use a fixed stock for load development in bunny-eared bags.
            Last edited by Klem; 08-03-2022, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• CJW
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2019

Brilliant Klem, just brilliant

Which bipod do you use?

Chuck

Comment

• Klem
                Chieftain
                • Aug 2013

Chuck

Atlas BT-46 LW-17 PSR with quick detach lever

Comment

• StoneHendge
                  Chieftain
                  • May 2016

The Long Range Arms Send It electronic scope level is a game changer. No need to take your eye off the scope - it's always right there in your peripheral vision. It's pricey, but mounts to the rail beneath your scope and take a minute to switch from one rifle to another. I bought one and now have a jar of spare bubble levels on my workbench. MDT just bought the company about 2 months ago. They're all the rage in PRS. https://www.shortactionprecision.com...c-level-system

Send_iT_10_1024x1024_063f82c7-8410-4a6e-ad1f-08847ec42b9f_grande.jpg
                  Last edited by StoneHendge; 08-03-2022, 08:34 PM.
                  Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Zeneffect
                    Chieftain
                    • May 2020

I live in California, my stock is dumb as hell... Best of luck.

Comment

• CJW
                      Chieftain
                      • Jun 2019

Thanks Klem.

Comment

• Zeneffect
                        Chieftain
                        • May 2020

To revisit this...
                        Prs gen 3 stock + adjustable bag rider (elr) then use a protektor bunny ear bag with double stitched center (think it's called the deluxe or dr... runs about $100)

Run it with a heavy gun, solid bipod and a light trigger and it's no longer anything like shooting an ar.

Bipod I'm running

I have these cheapo wheeler rings that I lapped, they have a flip out bubble level that I calibrated to be true. Gravity does 99% of the leveling for me however due to bipod design. The send it is very interesting as you can just go by led color out of your peripheral vision and never break your cheek weld or sight picture.
                        Last edited by Zeneffect; 01-28-2023, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X