• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zeneffect
    Chieftain
    • May 2020

105gr Blitzking in action - silhouette match

Ran grendel in today's match.

Unedited turkey run @ 385M / 421 yards This was a figure out the dope on the spot with the timer running as its the first I've stretched this bullet out past 300 yards.

42 out of 44 total possible, I borked the 300m pigs by rushing the sight in and missed mini pig #1 + small 3" wide target on shot #4. Corrected in and cleaned up the rest. I can upload that video and the 200m chickens if anyone cares.
  • jasper2408
    Warrior
    • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Zeneffect View Post
    Ran grendel in today's match.

Unedited turkey run @ 385M / 421 yards This was a figure out the dope on the spot with the timer running as its the first I've stretched this bullet out past 300 yards.

42 out of 44 total possible, I borked the 300m pigs by rushing the sight in and missed mini pig #1 + small 3" wide target on shot #4. Corrected in and cleaned up the rest. I can upload that video and the 200m chickens if anyone cares.
    Always like a good video.

Comment

• biodsl
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2011

Well done. Much fun!
      Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• Cal
        Bloodstained
        • Jul 2019

Well done!!!!

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Zeneffect
            Chieftain
            • May 2020

I can spot the hits without issue, you can hear me calling hits before spotter in video. I don't find the recoil from grendel to be problematic. Its certainly no 30-06 where I'll lose sight picture momentaril7y with a fov afforded by iron sights.

Comment

• Zeneffect
              Chieftain
              • May 2020

Setup can perform. Anyone who says an ar15 can't compete against dedicated high dollar bolt guns... they need to come out and play some games because yesterday it was no holds barred run what you brung no bull sh*t match. I brought a grendel and ar15 (technically speaking) and came out 3rd.

I posted the last golf ball in the blitzking thread... this is the previous 2 shots. 7x1 and standing squirrel.

If you can figure out how to safely push something in the 105-110gr weight range to 2800+ you are absolutely competitive against 6.5 creedmoor to 600 yards. My dope at 550 was a full moa less than my teammate running 6.5 creedmoor (135gr a-tip)
              Last edited by Zeneffect; 05-14-2023, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• Klem
                Chieftain
                • Aug 2013

Setup can perform. Anyone who says an ar15 can't compete against dedicated high dollar bolt guns... they need to come out and play some games because yesterday it was no holds barred run what you brung no bull sh*t match. I brought a grendel and ar15 (technically speaking) and came out 3rd.

If there was a clone of you shooting a decent bolt gun in the same competition, who would more likely win?

Comment

• Zeneffect
                  Chieftain
                  • May 2020

I would obviously. If I am me, and the clone is me then me/I wins regardless.

If saying all things equal but differences are a bolt gun of the same cost vs any of the 3 grendel are that I run, the ar would still win. For the money, you get a lot. Translate that to bolt action world and I don't even have enough for a good receiver, let alone stock or barrel. If money is not a consideration, I would say a good purpose built single shot bolt action is where the advantages will be seen... mainly in respects that I would no longer shoot grendel and look at something more case capacity, and in 6mm flavor. But then we are talking about the "in the thousands" of dollars and I can't afford none of that (yet)
                  Last edited by Zeneffect; 05-15-2023, 03:51 AM.

Comment

• Klem
                    Chieftain
                    • Aug 2013

I would obviously. If I am me, and the clone is me then me/I wins regardless.

If saying all things equal but differences are a bolt gun of the same cost vs any of the 3 grendel are that I run, the ar would still win. For the money, you get a lot. Translate that to bolt action world and I don't even have enough for a good receiver, let alone stock or barrel. If money is not a consideration, I would say a good purpose built single shot bolt action is where the advantages will be seen... mainly in respects that I would no longer shoot grendel and look at something more case capacity, and in 6mm flavor. But then we are talking about the "in the thousands" of dollars and I can't afford none of that (yet)

Just bringing your claim back to reality here. Competing against bolt guns with a lighter weight AR will always be a technical handicap. You can make up some ground by being a better shot than the others and it sounds like you did so well done, but their guns will be more forgiving.

Comment

• Zeneffect
                      Chieftain
                      • May 2020

If their guns are more forgiving, why did they get beat? The last match had representation from NRL shooters, military and police. I wasn't the better shooter, I brought the right equipment and executed a plan more consistently is all. Maybe having a little more patience from experience at that range as well to get the favorable wind but tracking your miss is more important than tracking your hit. Far easier to do with a 18lb 6.5 grendel ar15 with the gas turned off (thus the technically part) than the next guy running 300 win mag r700. Which gun is more forgiving practically speaking if they both have the same potential to miss or hit every target? Which is more important, knowing exactly where you miss or having a spotter tell you "uhh there is a rock on the left and you were maybe about 4 inches from 10' o clock from it."?

I think maybe we need a baseline on where we both need to understand what we each consider an ar15. I would venture to guess you arent thinking of a heavy 28" bull barrel, over the barrel fortmeier bipod, large higher power optic, zero degree angle pistol grip, single fed, 1.5lb trigger and shot prone exclusively because it won't fit on a lot of benches comfortably and forget about off hand. Muzzle velocity, think 20-22" 6.5 creedmoor territory. Not the typical ar15 and ill push it hard if there is money on the line.

in a different format such as shooting on paper a bolt action will have an advantage. in a game where there are time limits and no record of a miss so if you dont see it yourself it basically never happened, simple simple formula of accuracy + velocity isnt enough to win and a high powered bolt action gun may not be preferable. If they did this same match again in 6 months I would re-barrel to something stupid like 6mm AR Turbo improved then run the same everything else.
                      Last edited by Zeneffect; 05-15-2023, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• rickt300
                        Warrior
                        • Jan 2017

If their guns are more forgiving, why did they get beat? The last match had representation from NRL shooters, military and police. I wasn't the better shooter, I brought the right equipment and executed a plan more consistently is all. Maybe having a little more patience from experience at that range as well to get the favorable wind but tracking your miss is more important than tracking your hit. Far easier to do with a 18lb 6.5 grendel ar15 with the gas turned off (thus the technically part) than the next guy running 300 win mag r700. Which gun is more forgiving practically speaking if they both have the same potential to miss or hit every target? Which is more important, knowing exactly where you miss or having a spotter tell you "uhh there is a rock on the left and you were maybe about 4 inches from 10' o clock from it."?

I think maybe we need a baseline on where we both need to understand what we each consider an ar15. I would venture to guess you arent thinking of a heavy 28" bull barrel, over the barrel fortmeier bipod, large higher power optic, zero degree angle pistol grip, single fed, 1.5lb trigger and shot prone exclusively because it won't fit on a lot of benches comfortably and forget about off hand. Muzzle velocity, think 20-22" 6.5 creedmoor territory. Not the typical ar15 and ill push it hard if there is money on the line.

in a different format such as shooting on paper a bolt action will have an advantage. in a game where there are time limits and no record of a miss so if you dont see it yourself it basically never happened, simple simple formula of accuracy + velocity isnt enough to win and a high powered bolt action gun may not be preferable. If they did this same match again in 6 months I would re-barrel to something stupid like 6mm AR Turbo improved then run the same everything else.
                        Have you posted a picture of this beast? Sounds killer.

Comment

• Zeneffect
                          Chieftain
                          • May 2020

Older pic. Added some weight to the handguard
                          Last edited by Zeneffect; 05-21-2023, 04:50 AM.

Comment

• biodsl
                            Chieftain
                            • Aug 2011

The right tool for the job, it appears. Congrats on a job well done.
                            Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

Working...
                            X