X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FinnSniper 2010 video

Here's some cool video of FS2010:

Updated with Part II:

This shows a great breakdown of Stage I, which was really fun with a lot of long-range targets. The first one popped up for us after 15 minutes of scanning our very wide sector, and it was at 900m. My partner put it down 1st round with his Brugger & Thommett suppressed 6.5x47 RPA 25" barreled stick. He made consecutive 1st-round long-range hits with it during that stage, which was impressive.
    Last edited by Guest; 04-09-2012, 10:15 PM.
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Did you shoot at this competition?

And how did you do this past weekend?

Comment

Yeah, I was with my Irish partner in FS2010, as it's a team event. We "won" best foreign team in FS2010, outside of the 3 top teams, one of which was the real best foreign team (The Danish sniper team that had just come from Helmand Province in the Stan). We placed 2nd back in FS2008, which was a nice surprise for us both. You can see me several times throughout the above video, if you look for the guy carrying an AR10 wearing a veil (the mosquitos were out with a vengeance-worse than Panama easily).

This weekend was humbling, as we were shooting in 40mph winds out to 650yds. They didn't even bother going to the platform where we can shoot out to 950yds, the wind was so bad. My ranking was shameful this past weekend. There was a lot of talent on that firing line. I was one of 3 who cleared the Color race stage, which involved drawing 5 poker chips of different color from a bag at a table a ways off the firing line, memorizing the color order, running to your rifle, and shooting a plate rack with the corresponding colors in correct sequence at 200yds.

There are guys basically running bolt guns at the fastest possible speeds on the shot timer with target transitions from 300-400-500-580-650yds, then back down the other side of the hill at those ranges, dialing in-between shots, and clearing the stage with the final shot at 300yds on a hostage IPSC steel plate arrangement in under 105 seconds. The few gifted ones cleared that stage, and got maximum points. That match is no joke, and I look forward to going back and competing against those gentlemen.
      Last edited by Guest; 04-04-2012, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• bwaites
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
        Yeah, I was with my Irish partner in FS2010, as it's a team event. We "won" best foreign team in FS2010, outside of the 3 top teams, one of which was the real best foreign team (The Danish sniper team that had just come from Helmand Province in the Stan). We placed 2nd back in FS2008, which was a nice surprise for us both. You can see me several times throughout the above video, if you look for the guy carrying an AR10 wearing a veil (the mosquitos were out with a vengeance-worse than Panama easily).

This weekend was humbling, as we were shooting in 40mph winds out to 650yds. They didn't even bother going to the platform where we can shoot out to 950yds, the wind was so bad. My ranking was shameful this past weekend. There was a lot of talent on that firing line. I was one of 3 who cleared the Color race stage, which involved drawing 5 poker chips of different color from a bag at a table a ways off the firing line, memorizing the color order, running to your rifle, and shooting a plate rack with the corresponding colors in correct sequence at 200yds.

There are guys basically running bolt guns at the fastest possible speeds on the shot timer with target transitions from 300-400-500-580-650yds, then back down the other side of the hill at those ranges, dialing in-between shots, and clearing the stage with the final shot at 300yds on a hostage IPSC steel plate arrangement in under 105 seconds. The few gifted ones cleared that stage, and got maximum points. That match is no joke, and I look forward to going back and competing against those gentlemen.
        I thought that guy in the veil might be you, the gait looked familiar walking up the hill! LOL!!

Still, for two guys not on active duty, and not shooting constantly, to even finish is amazing!
        Last edited by bwaites; 04-04-2012, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• txgunner00
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Cool. Worse than panama? That's hard to believe.
          NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Originally posted by txgunner00 View Post
            Cool. Worse than panama? That's hard to believe.
            When my partner and I were out on the Land Nav stage for FS2010, he asked in his thick Irish accent:

"Paul. Do remember the mozzies being this bad in the jungle?", as I looked at his back, which was totally infested with colonies of mosquitos fighting for a spot on the portions of his uniform that were tight on his shoulders.

"Nooo! I don't remember them like this at all."

There are 188,000 lakes in Finland, and the sun really doesn't go down in the summer. For 9 months of the year, it's frozen over, but June, July, and August are mosquito cloud season, especially the more north you go. I love the winter for very important reasons, and lack of bugs is at the top of my list.

Comment

• txgunner00
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

When I was in GTMO there was a period of a few weeks in the summer when the mosquitos were that bad in the swamp/ salt flat areas. Even though it was 100+ deg and 85%+ RH you didn't dare go out there with any exposed skin. I would wear gunners goggles with a towel wrapped around my head to keep them out of my eyes and ears. You could reach out and grab them out if the air by the handful.
              NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• bwaites
                • Mar 2011

Sounds like North Dakota in the early summer! The snow melts, there is stagnant water everywhere all spring, then the hatch starts. Then these mosquitos the size of hummingbirds start trying to carry people off while they feast on them.

There are T-shirts everywhere that say "Mosquitos, The State Bird of North Dakota".

Comment

• Variable
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

Finally got to see the video on a real computer. Looks pretty fun, but dang those bugs are nuts! Thanks for sharing!
                  Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                  We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

You guys are friggin amazing.

Comment

Updated with Part II video.

Comment

• Variable
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

Aaaaargh! Why won't embedded videos on this board appear on ipads? They work on Arfcom!

Comment

Here's the hot link:

Comment

• Variable
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2011

Cool. Thank you Sir. Neat video!

Comment

Working...
                            X