first time shooting past 100 yards at paper...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kikn
    Warrior
    • Nov 2011

first time shooting past 100 yards at paper...

So I go and check out a range I have been wanting to go to for half a year or so but my work schedule conflicts prevented me from doing . http://www.topgunshootingclub.com/

The staff was very friendly and helpful. I will be making another trip their after relating some more rounds.

They have a system requiring shooters to qualify from stage to stage 100 yd 200 yd and so on.

I made the first stage rather easily in three shots per their requirements. Dan had asked if I wanted to go ahead and try to make the next jump right away and I said I'll give it a go. I promptly failed and missed my first two shots and was banished to shooting paper at hundred yards to dial in my next attempt. After working out a few shots Dan came back and I tried it again so I hit the 3x3" steal plate one out off three times and failed yet once again. Apparently I was close enough that Dan gave me another chance to hit two in a row immediately after my failed attempt. So with that next chance I made two good shots in a row and made it to 300.

Well I pretty much stayed there the rest if the day. Never could see my misses well enough to make appropriate corrections for the wind. Even though I did have the distance dialed in vertically just always off to the right about 6 inches or so.

Furring that time waiting I decided to shoot some of my Barnes tax rounds to see how they compared using the same zero at 100 and 200 it was all pretty much down hill after that my bartel was fouled and the 123 a-maxes were now shooting two+ mills higher at 100 (didn't figure that one out for quite some time)

Anyway all and all I had fun and am looking forward to working things out and hopefully make it to 400 yard steel and beyond. I will probably netted a spotter to make it that far not quite sure if I can figure out the wind on my Own yet.

Good group of people out there and always have a good time.

It is a good feeling when you get to shoot out past that 100 yard mark and hit your targets. I am qualified to shoot out to 400. Gonna take my time and make sure I am dialed in for that 500 mark.

Comment

Working...
    X