Geissele SSA-E and NRA TPC competitons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geissele SSA-E and NRA TPC competitons

I have my first NRA TPC match on Sun 9/16. I will be running my Grendel for this shoot and have a Geissele SSA-E trigger. My question is has anyone ever had any denials from NRA officials for using this specific trigger? Thanks for the help.
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by taggor View Post
    I have my first NRA TPC match on Sun 9/16. I will be running my Grendel for this shoot and have a Geissele SSA-E trigger. My question is has anyone ever had any denials from NRA officials for using this specific trigger? Thanks for the help.
    \

As a rule, Geissele's are set up to meet the requirements of NRA competition and I've never heard of anyone failing the safety check without deliberately doing something to their trigger.

Comment

Thanks for the help bwaits! I guess I am overanylizing (which is pretty common for me). I will report back after the match and hopefully have some pictures too.

Comment

Update

The NRA officials would not let me use the SSA-E. I had to swap lowers with a LE6920. Not a real problem until the first stage where we used the rifle. I remembered (after the stage!) that I had not swapped out buffers. That caused a few stove pipes but, I had a good time regardless. I remembered to swap the buffer for the remainder of the match. Good thing too since one stage was all rifle. Even though the rules stated that you could run a 3.5lb. trigger, I didn't argue with the officials. It's just not my thing but, I would have questioned the amount of weight they had on the guage. Anyway here are a couple of pics from the match featuring all three guns. Not the best pics but they had to be blown up as the photographer couldn't get close. As for the results, well I didn't come in first but, I didn't come in last either! My picture of the scores came out blurry and I couldn't read it (shameless excuse I know!) All in all a good time.

Comment

• bwaites
          • Mar 2011

REALLY? I've never heard of that happening with an SSA-E. Did they actually test the trigger weight and it failed?

Did you test it before the match?

Comment

To be honest I don't have any trigger weight test equipment so there was no way I could test it. I think I might consider it now! Yes, they did test the trigger and it did not pass. That's why I menitoned that I thought they might have had "lots of weight" on the guage (after the fact of course!) I think they might have had the weights set up for more of the standard military weight. As I mentioned, I didn't argue with any of the officials but, there is always next time. I really don't think the trigger would have improved my scores that much but, I believe I could have gotten more shots downrange more quickly though and I needed that on some stages. I still had a great time and look forward to doing it again.

Comment

• bwaites
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by taggor View Post
              To be honest I don't have any trigger weight test equipment so there was no way I could test it. I think I might consider it now! Yes, they did test the trigger and it did not pass. That's why I menitoned that I thought they might have had "lots of weight" on the guage (after the fact of course!) I think they might have had the weights set up for more of the standard military weight. As I mentioned, I didn't argue with any of the officials but, there is always next time. I really don't think the trigger would have improved my scores that much but, I believe I could have gotten more shots downrange more quickly though and I needed that on some stages. I still had a great time and look forward to doing it again.
              FUDDS! Sorry to hear that! It's always a hassle to deal with people who don't actually follow the rules!

Comment

Working...
              X