Trigger for your Target or Competition Rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trigger for your Target or Competition Rig

What trigger are you running in your target shooting or competition Grendel?
    Geissele SSA
    0%
    Geissele SSA-E
    0%
    Geissele SD-E
    0%
    Timmney
    0%
    Wilson
    0%
    Rock River 2 stage
    0%
    Armalite 2 stage
    0%
    J.P. Springs (hammer bob etc..)
    0%
    Spike's Enhanced (or other coated trigger)
    0%
    Regular old single stage AR trigger
    0%

Right now I have a STANDARD Spike's in the Mega lower I am building for my Grendel.
    It is a superb trigger for a AR LPK trigger (FCG)
    and It will move to my Spike's lower with my Spike's Teppo Jutsu .458 SOCOM upper.
    I am tossing around the Idea of the Geissele SD-E (flat faced trigger version of the SSA-E
    and running a B.A.D C.A.S.S 45 degree safety (it will also have the set screw mod)

What is everyone else using for precise shooting?

Comment

• Drifter
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

I use Mega triggers with JP speed hammers, adjusted for single-stage at ~3.5# to 4#. The Mega trigger face is further forward than most triggers.

I think AA offers a variation of the Mega trigger along with a lightweight hammer.

I've used the Wilson Combat TTU, which breaks like glass, but is too far back inside the trigger guard for my hands.

I've tried a Geissele 2-stage, but it just didn't do it for me. YMMV
      Last edited by Drifter; 12-30-2012, 10:46 AM.
      Drifter

Comment

I am using the polymer FCG produced by Accu-Group that came installed in my poly lower, ...love it!

Comment

For my actual competition rigs I use a Geissele High Speed National Match in Service Rifle and a Geissele High Speed Match in my match rifle AR. My Tubb 2000 has an Anshutz and my Stolle Panda has a Timney 2 oz. So I don't have a single trigger on your survey in my actual competition guns. But I do have a Geissele SSA-E in my Grendel Ultralight so I voted for that one.
          Bob

Comment

I have a RR 2 stage in my grendel and a Geissele SSA-E in my .223

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
              Warrior
              • Oct 2012

I am curious about the Geissele 3 gun trigger...anybody use one of those? If so, how do they compare?

Comment

• CPT.CRAZY
                Warrior
                • Feb 2012

I use a Jard adjustable 2 stage in my Grendel.
                sigpic

Comment

I have a Timney but I'm building another lower and want to go to the Geissele SSA-E. The Timney is fine for hunting and just general blasting but I want the Geissele for bench shooting and working up reloads.

Comment

SSA-E and I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by KentuckyBuddha View Post
                      I am curious about the Geissele 3 gun trigger...anybody use one of those? If so, how do they compare?
                      My son has one in his 6.8 but I don't like it for hunting or target shooting since it doesn't have that "stop" where I can hold until the final squeeze to release the shot. It's more like sliding off a cliff with the 3 gun trigger. For 3 gun I can see where it might be better but IMHO it is not friendly to target shooters or hunters that may need to dwell a moment before the shot.

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
                        Warrior
                        • Oct 2012

Is the SSA-E also good for Hunting and practical shooting though?

LOL jinx...I posted this before I saw the previous. : )

Comment

AA lower trigger group

Alexander Arms tactical blade-style trigger, it is very nice, much better than my spikes tactical standard lower part kit trigger

Comment

SSA-E. Great trigger.

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
                              Warrior
                              • Oct 2012

After the input from this poll...I got two of those SSA-E's Thanks gents. : )
                              Last edited by KentuckyBuddha; 01-06-2013, 07:37 PM. Reason: lol level spelling error

Comment

Working...
                              X